Vulcan from Today

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple taken from my window, but I don't have my computer to pp (coming from my mrs' laptop)

I can try using GIMP but I don't know really what to do nor how to do it (I only downloaded it today onto the laptop... help?)

Taken from your window? You must live in a very tall house! Nice shots of the only one flying. Apparently it will fly for the last time at the Fairford show in july.

This is the last year the Vulcan will be flying yes, but RIAT/Fairford isn't the last airshow of the year to see her in the air.

Fabulous and imposing aircraft; sad that she'll be grounded after 2015.

Dave, its the last time 558 will fly at RIAT before it's grounded.

From the RIAT website.........................

"This summer will see one of the most iconic aircraft of the past 60 years make its last ever Air Tattoo appearance".

Ian

Last edited:
The last scheduled display is at Dunsfold (Home of Top Gear) on the Sunday 30th August. The Vulcan to the sky website has all of the display dates on it.

The last scheduled display is at Dunsfold (Home of Top Gear) on the Sunday 30th August. The Vulcan to the sky website has all of the display dates on it.

It's expected at the Scottish Airshow on 5th/6th September.

Haha, sorry for the late reply- I live and work at RAF Waddington and she was flying quite low over the airfield. The lines runnning across some of the images are phone cables running between houses. I was trying my new 70-300 sigma lens after swapping my nikon1 with my mums d3100.

Thanks for the update Aziraphale. I was stationed at Waddington many years ago. Lightnings had just been replaced by Phantoms - as I said, many years ago.

Back