VW Camper Van

I've got the lego version, loved building it and doing my own modifications :love:

Hi Jon, what scale is the camper van, and depending on your reply do you want to sell it ? :D

IMG_5829.JPG

Sorry, but it was just a close up shot. It is only a dinky little thing. It came in plastic box and stand, only worth a few quid.
I did have one about the size of a large loaf of bread, but that was when I was a child. I was always looking to replace it, if I ever saw another one with functioning turning wheels, I think it was a clockwork type.

PS

I think you are after the much bigger scale model, I too am looking out for one. :)

Last edited:
I think it's probably HO scale (1:87) which is what I'm interested in. Is it Di-Cast i.e metal with some plastic?
See my thread Read more here:-

I'm sure I could use this in a 'diorama' :D

Roy

I think it's probably HO scale (1:87) which is what I'm interested in. Is it Di-Cast i.e metal with some plastic?
See my thread Read more here:-

I'm sure I could use this in a 'diorama' :D

Roy

Yes, it is metal and plastic. I have been looking at other such models, as I may start a little collection. Seen some boxed car sets on amazon, and reasonably priced too, something like £7.99 or £8.99 for a 30 car pack, it works out about 30p per car, or something like that.

PS
some clever stuff you have on your thread. :)

Jon, have a look at the Oxford diecast site

Last edited:
Looking at the Amazon "Questions" bit, you will need to remove some bricks to fit the kit.

Spotted this rather nice example in Hull

DSCF8623 1.jpg

We'd so love a capmer van at some point, those iconic Vee Dub's really hold their money...!

Last September we hired out a Fiat Ducato camper van for a weeks travelling around the West Coast of Scotland, our first time ever doing this and we absolutely loved it...!
We've booked it again for this September.

The van was named Hamish;

Hamish the Camper Van by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

Last edited:
Taken a couple of years ago in Liverpool, a very nice Wedding camper along with a Rolls Royce with a quite well known paint scheme.

camper.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how many Phantom Vs are painted like that!

Probably dozons, I'm pretty sure the original last sold for £2 million, I'm also pretty sure they're not using it for weddings.

Back