Waiting For His Return

The portrait and the expression are both cool
but the clear cut with the room in BG does not
help making the connection between longing
and hoping.

I like it because it makes me go back and forth between her expression and background trying to see deeper. However, the feeling that I receive from this is that she is trapped in a home and in a life she does not really want. Her expression looks quite genuine too.

Dave, I really like this. Loads of story, interest and engagement. Well executed technically too.

I like it because it makes me go back and forth between her expression and background trying to see deeper. However, the feeling that I receive from this is that she is trapped in a home and in a life she does not really want. Her expression looks quite genuine too.

Good comment and agree with, At first I was unsure but the more I look at the photo, the more I like it.
The model is beautifully shot (and she is beautiful), whilst the background adds another aspect to the overall shot.
Excellent work

Thanks we were quite lucky to find her, the 40s event at bantock house in Wolverhampton want that well attended this year and we spotted her right at the end, the light from the window was perfect though as it was an over cast day, I have done very little processing yet it looks like a studio shot

I love this. I have a question, As the model is looking at the camera does this suggest that she is feeling trapped? If she were looking off camera would this give the feel of searching for someone?

It's a brilliant photo regardless :)

Back