Wales Rally GB - Dyfi Forest Stage

Name
Simon (Prefer 'Si')
Edit My Images
No
I nearly didn't bother heading up to the Dyfi stage yesterday... The weather forecast proved to be unerringly accurate and it poured with rain all flippin' day! If it wasn't for the fact that I already had a ticket for it, I'd have probably stayed home in the warm. Despite the weather, it turned into a good day. I'm finding the new Sigma 150-600 Sport to be as tough as old boots... It was out in the elements pretty much constantly and never missed a beat. It got a wipe over with a towel when I got home and left to warm up and it's back to looking like new. :)

Here's a brief selection of some of my favourite shots of the day...

#3 is awesome mate. Good stuff! We spent all day at Gartheiniog with equally awesome weather.

Thanks David... It was awful up there wasn't it? I can't remember the last time I did a shoot in that much bad weather. I've got decent waterproofs but even they lost the battle by lunchtime. :) On the plus side, the camera gear effectively stuck a middle finger up to the rain and didn't miss a beat. I was a bit worried about the D750 (with water getting in behind the articulated screen) but even that proved to be a non-issue. I had a bit of fogging in the viewfinder by the end of the day but it cleared within an hour or two of getting home. :)

Great shots, i was on the other stage next to you. I had a rainproof cover on my cam so it was hit and miss with my shots as couldn't see through the viewfinder.

"Cracking" set of images Si, all well framed and good exposure. I like them all very much but probably #2, #3, are for me are the stand out shots.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Great set, but I'm another fan of #3 as you've really nailed the moment with timing, panning and the contrast of the orange against the dark background almost gives it a 3D effect.

Back