Wales Rally GB - Gartheiniog

I love 4,6 and 14 out of a brilliant set!

4 is a personal one for me as when I took a pic of it at Chirk castle it had no drivers side wing or headlamp :D

"Awesome" set of images m8, no fav's I like them all.(y)

George.

6, 13 and 14 are my favourites. absolutely cracking photography!

cracking shots, some of the viewpoints chosen make a hell of a difference too rather than the usual car level shots!

Absolutely. Although you have to question yourself sometimes. Some of places were really dumb to stand with a camera. Only had 2 encounters with marshals and we did as we were told. In my younger days i would have told them where to go but I'm more mellow now and totally respect the job they do.

Great set, much better than Mattys.........:banana:

Couldn't agree more. Seen his rock shot? Utter pish. :D

6, 13 and 14 are my favourites. absolutely cracking photography!

Thankyou mate, your kind words are much appreciated!

No problem at all. I was just saying to Matt in his thread, i was the guy in the orange jacket that said hello to you on the pebble bit just after the water corner

Cool images fella. It's all been said above.
Just stopped by to let ya know I veiwed :)

Gaz

No problem at all. I was just saying to Matt in his thread, i was the guy in the orange jacket that said hello to you on the pebble bit just after the water corner

I did wonder if we would see any other TP'ers. Looking at the amount of threads from Gartheiniog it's clear to see there were quite a few. Must admit that i can't remember seeing you though mate, sorry. :oops: :$

Cool images fella. It's all been said above.
Just stopped by to let ya know I veiwed :)

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. Thanks for popping in. :)

Shameless selfie in the wet :runaway:But, here I am. (i would have cropped my ugly mug out of shots too) ;)

20151114_103658.jpg

Haha yeah that's me. My bro has one shot where i was literally touching distance to the wing mirror. Shocking!

He actually is Big Duke haha. Got my nickname through being his little bro.

Seen these up on FB and Flickr, no 6 is a cool shot! Very nice set overall, I would be well chuffed!!!

Excellent job David, it makes me want to go down and see these guys again, it's been a while .......a long long while ! You chose well by shooting wide, I probably would have gone down the 70-200 route on my D750, probably with a 1.4TC in my pocket too, but looking at these there would be no need !

ps. Did you come across any skeletons while you were exploring ?

Thanks Lee. Much appreciated! :) I'm quite a happy bunny although kicking myself for not trying more stuff.

Paul, i had to run with the 85mm on my D7000 and tbh it made a nice combo. Would have liked a little longer sometimes but I'm quite happy with that setup. It seems to go well with the D750/24-70 setup. Perhaps a 70-200 on DX would be the ideal companion.

Thanks Lee. Much appreciated! :) I'm quite a happy bunny although kicking myself for not trying more stuff.

Paul, i had to run with the 85mm on my D7000 and tbh it made a nice combo. Would have liked a little longer sometimes but I'm quite happy with that setup. It seems to go well with the D750/24-70 setup. Perhaps a 70-200 on DX would be the ideal companion.
I use a 7100 along with the 750 and swap lenses around too , it does catch me out on short Kart circuits at times though. Karters only like tightly cropped photos of themselves , so I don't do too much wide stuff unless it's for race reports. I do love what you've captured though, there is so much more interest than a boring car/kart circuit can give.

Cracking set of images sadly I don't do any of these events anymore :(

Hats off to you for all of them. A great set with real variety which really shows the beauty of the cars and scenery(y)

Thanks mate. I tried to vary it as much as possible. If it's one thing i hate to see, it's a set of shots with the car in the same place everytime.

Cracking set of images sadly I don't do any of these events anymore :(

Much appreciated. Many thanks! :)

I'm in Gloucester, so not far from the Wyedean Forest Rally. Long wait until next year though, I completely forgot about it before and only remembered when I saw pictures posted! In fact I shall put it into my diary for next year now, no excuses then :)

Back