Walk about private land- (with added injury )

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

As most of you may know I have gained access to 2 bits of private land, I know the landowners from my previous employment as a Gamekeeper

Yesterday, I fancied an hour or too out, to see what I could find on one of those almost next door to the Nuclear Power Station - I had a decent walk and on returning to my truck, I stepped in a well hidden hole about 2 ft deep- end result twisted ankle on my right foot and I had to call the wife to get picked up as I couldn't drive - my truck was delivered to my home that evening by a good spirited landowner and his wife ( obviously he had to get home too.

No outings for me now for at least a week :(

anyhow here's a few - Sony a7Riii + Sony 200-600mm lens all hand held

1. Stonechat
DSC00652 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

2. Stonechat with Caterpillar
DSC00641 Stonechat with caterpillar by Les Moxon, on Flickr

3. Little Egret in flight
DSC00634 Little Egret by Les Moxon, on Flickr

4. Ringed Plover
DSC00630 Ringed Plover by Les Moxon, on Flickr

5. Dunlin ( I think- happy to be corrected) :)
DSC00625 Dunlin by Les Moxon, on Flickr

6. Pied Wagtail
DSC00577 Pied Wagtail by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thank you for looking and " Hey, lets be careful out there " :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les

Some lovely images to compensate there Les but I am sorry you injured yourself.
I know it is very painful, some years ago I stepped on a large drainage hole that someone had covered with cardboard and earth to match the surround ... not funny!
Hope your recovery is quick. (y)

Get well soon. Injury aside it was clearly a very productive outing!

Some lovely images to compensate there Les but I am sorry you injured yourself.
I know it is very painful, some years ago I stepped on a large drainage hole that someone had covered with cardboard and earth to match the surround ... not funny!
Hope your recovery is quick. (y)

Thank you Roger at least I didn't drop my Camera and lens - now that would be painful :)

Great shots Les.
Sorry to hear about your injury....
Thank you Bob on both points :)

Hope you recover quickly Les.

So do I Toni- I'm stuck indoors for a week at least :)

Get well soon. Injury aside it was clearly a very productive outing!

Thank you :)

Just noticed that the Pied Wagtail was giving you an advance warning! :LOL:

Wrong leg Smarty pants :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks all for the kind words

Les

OUCH!!
I chipped a bone in my ankle a few years ago - slipped on wet rocks along the river.
Took ages to heal and even now, several years on, it itches like hell in the winter months.
Hopefully you'll be back to normal in a week or two
Remember - rest, ice, compression and elevation ;)

Oh, and great set with a nice variety of birds (y)

Limpalong Leslie for a time then - gamekeeper turned poacher :police:

Nice shots though, and get well soon (y)

Last edited:
OUCH!!
I chipped a bone in my ankle a few years ago - slipped on wet rocks along the river.
Took ages to heal and even now, several years on, it itches like hell in the winter months.
Hopefully you'll be back to normal in a week or two
Remember - rest, ice, compression and elevation ;)

Oh, and great set with a nice variety of birds (y)

Tell me about it I think it was an old rabbit hole - I didn't really think about checking lol

Les

Sorry to hear about your misfortune/injury. I hope you get better soon.
Lovely shots indeed and lets hope you are back and running before no time taking more of these awesome shots :)

Get well soon.

I broke several bones in my left hand in Trinidad 18 months ago, at the Asa Wright - still 1/2 way into my stay there but did not stop me taking photos for the rest of the trip (even if handholding a D500/200-500 was rather painful)...

Lovely images though!

Get well soon.

I broke several bones in my left hand in Trinidad 18 months ago, at the Asa Wright - still 1/2 way into my stay there but did not stop me taking photos for the rest of the trip (even if handholding a D500/200-500 was rather painful)...

Lovely images though!

Sorry to hear that Peter, I'm glad the images work it a small compensation for a hurt foot :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Les :)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune/injury. I hope you get better soon.
Lovely shots indeed and lets hope you are back and running before no time taking more of these awesome shots :)

Lets get thing right for the record I DO NOT RUN anywhere :LOL::LOL::LOL: Thank you for the compliments on my Bird photograph, nice of you to say

Firstly the images are at your usual high standard........so worth the 'trip' ;)

As for the ankle GWS :)

Rough ground can catch anyone out, even as you evidence, the most field savvy person.

Fortunately nothing broken, unlike my OH who broke her ankle/foot on our trip to the Farnes a few years back. The natural world certainly bites back sometimes o_O

Firstly the images are at your usual high standard........so worth the 'trip' ;)

As for the ankle GWS :)

Rough ground can catch anyone out, even as you evidence, the most field savvy person.

Fortunately nothing broken, unlike my OH who broke her ankle/foot on our trip to the Farnes a few years back. The natural world certainly bites back sometimes o_O

Thank you for your comments- the hole in question was obscured by long grass - I never saw it and usually I am normally Ok with being on the land so to speak,

I have visited the Farne Islands also and its is rough terrain - sorry to hear about you wife

Hi @Lez325 , haven't been able to get on here for a few days, another set of great shots, really like the last one. Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it's on the mend very soon. You're not going to believe this but I was taking the dog out for his usual walk first thing and I did exactly the same thing on Wednesday!. Went right over and did my ankle in. Ended up hobbling back to nearest road and calling a cab as I was over 3 miles from home. So I share your pain.

Hi @Lez325 , haven't been able to get on here for a few days, another set of great shots, really like the last one. Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it's on the mend very soon. You're not going to believe this but I was taking the dog out for his usual walk first thing and I did exactly the same thing on Wednesday!. Went right over and did my ankle in. Ended up hobbling back to nearest road and calling a cab as I was over 3 miles from home. So I share your pain.
Another nice set and ouch, sounds like a painful one Les - hope you're on the mend :)

Thank guys- I'm on the mend- be out and about in no time :)

Great shots especially the Stone hats, hope the leg gets better soon. At least it sounds like the camera wasn't damaged.

Tim

Thank you Tim- No I shielded the camera as I fell :) . I would rather hurt myself than damage the gear

Les

Back