Walking on the moon - Glyderau

Edit My Images
No
Eh up you lot!

I was out on the Glyderau yesterday hoping for lovely golden light but the forecast sucked balls with the weather toying with me all day long!

That said, the Glyderau is an amazingly atmospheric place and unique in the British isles so maybe I was barking up the wrong tree in wanting to photograph it at golden hour. As it turned out I was dealt a hand which meant fleeting views and swirling mists so I changed my mindset and tried to capture dark and moody vibrations that often occur in these mountains.

Whaddya think?

Glyder Mist by Nicholas Livesey, on Flickr

I like that, very other worldly.

Love it very atmospheric.
Is that someone standing on the rocks? That really adds to the overall effect in my view.

Love the mood Nick and the figure really helps IMO. There are a couple of banding issues where the sky has been pushed pretty hard (more noticeable on flickr), I would think these have come about on the jpg file tho and prob ok in Tif?

that's an epic shot! looks like you're on another world in a space suit.

I've just taken a look over at your Flickr and you take some great shots, but that could be the shot of a lifetime - to my eyes thats brilliant, very off world, atmospheric and with Nick in shot gives it real scale.

Cracking shot well done.

Back