weekly WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2017 RUSTIC FESTIVE AND WEATHER ADDED COMPLETED

Hi Walter,
Have you tried playing with the exposure / white points in this shot yet?
It's taken on a bit of a grey cast (at least on my un-calibrated monitor).
Also, the verticals are a bit off.

Does the water there really get up to 9 foot? Quite a range, I assume tidal?

Hi Walter, well spotted and just a couple of minor points...

The level indicator could do with a straighten and it's a bit too dark for my taste. Perhaps boost the exposure a little or lighten the highlights :pompous:

Thanks for comments, the indicator was tilted slightly so as shot, i did a conversion and this was the day windy and overcast, the gulls were a reflection of day, being hardy creatures and used to the cold.:)

I like the compo and I guess it's pretty sharp ... the whiskers stand out well.

Very attractive butterfly indeed, very sharp, and nice composition.

Agree with Dave but I like the shot, love the person in the shot and a night time shot might of lost the wonderful colour of the outfit.

Is that is the tour guide? Very fancy outfit. Nice bit of street photography, but I agree with David that a 'ghost blur' with a slower shutter speed might work even better.

I quite like Dave's idea of using a slow shutter speed to give the lady a ghostly look, but I also understand Roger's thought, that a night time shot may have resulted in less appealing colours.
Without being able to see the exif, it's not possible to understand the settings used, and suggest other options.
Anyroad, nicely on theme and I too love her dress.

Hi Walter.
Doesn't really work for me I'm afraid.
I think it's because it's very central, and your subject matter is so small in the frame.
Maybe some aggressive cropping and re-composition might improve it?

Hi Walter.
Doesn't really work for me I'm afraid.
I think it's because it's very central, and your subject matter is so small in the frame.
Maybe some aggressive cropping and re-composition might improve it?

A good try Walter, but agree with Tim.
Points taken, I wouldn't change pic to be honest moving it left or right takes away the interest, as she is the centre of pic where to me all the interest lies.
Another pic added.

One day I'll get a bird shot right. Nice take on Above gtheme and good detail.

Back