weekly WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2017 RUSTIC FESTIVE AND WEATHER ADDED COMPLETED

Hi Walter,

Bent - I think Chris has a point re the crop, although perhaps there is something that could be done with contrast or clarity to make her pop from the background more. I think you have the makings of a good image there, but more pp required.

Wooden - Like that. The longer exposure works and that's a really interesting sky you've captured with the hole in the clouds. A bit 'The Day After Tomorrow'esc.

Wall - Bombed out? Any back story you could provide us? Sounds interesting.
I quite like the golden light effect on the RH wall and the symmetry.

Symmetrical - Put me in mind of the 1970's BBC Children's drama "The Changes" somewhat. Another Like from me.

wall .... good light and colour (even if near saturated) ;)

symmetrical .... damned good idea for the theme. it is slightly off but near enough for my liking. (y)

Nice idea for the theme and well captured Walter

Worn
The end of another season. The leaves have done their job for this year and are now all worn out.

A couple of good ones Walter, they both stand out well from the BG.

Nice shot for height, I don't think I've seen a black lighthouse before

Hi Walter,

Height - I like the vibrancy of the colours you've captured.
Whilst it is obviously tall, it doesn't scream height at me. Don't know why, but it doesn't. Maybe the use of the letterbox crop?

Remote - Good use of leading lines to take you eye to the subject. It does look remote.
I like the smoothed water too.

Great lighthouse Walter and a great sky too. would have done for remote too
Time said it all for the remote, though I'm less certain about the water element. nice leading lines.

Height is nicely done, remote looks a little soft but certainly conveys a sense of remoteness and the river makes a good lead-in

I like the use of the river to lead the eye into the picture, good work

Height
The black lighthouse really stands out against the sky and shows a good sense of height.

Remote
Lovely lead with the river and a good sense of remoteness.

Remote - good depth from curve of river. I take it this was a slow shutter shot, not sure if a shorter exposure might have worked and got some sparkle in the water.

An alternative take on the theme :)
I'm afraid the light, at least for me, is an issue. There's no real impact.
Taken much later at night, with perhaps some motion blur / long exposure could give it far more ompfh.
I had a quick play with exposure, contrast, black points, saturation and found it could be given more impact.

Build
Well thought, a bit different and not something that would come to mind in the first instance.

Juice - I'm not overly sold on the background but an intriguing idea and the shell is nice and sharp
Broad - good interpretation of the theme

Good idea for Broad, Walter! Certainly a broad selection of items and a broad aisle too.

Of your other recent images, I like the light and the sky in Height, with the lighthouse rightly dominating the scene, and Remote benefits a lot from a super leading line that takes the eye straight to the building (y)

Back