weekly WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2017 RUSTIC FESTIVE AND WEATHER ADDED COMPLETED

Well caught Walter - super shot. Nice sharp focus and definitely a hairy tail

Hi Walter

Comfort - I'm going to have to echo the other comments. I like the colours on the sunrise but I don't really have a focal point in the image. I wonder if cropping it down the centre and just using the RHS in a vertical orientation would work better. That way the lines in the closer fields would point your eye at the orange clouds. Dunno. Worth a look though.

Hairy - Sharp, on theme, good dynamic range :) Perhaps a little closely cropped above his tail?

As other have said, a little tight in the frame, but its certainly a nice hairy tail Walter.

Having tried many times to photograph a squirrel - fast moving little buggers that they are, I applaud you for capturing this one sitting still and with such detail. Yes it's a bit tight at the top but they aren't very cooperative where they stop.

Try a letterbox crop, losing some off the bottom makes it look more balanced.

Nice sharp capture, great little pose and just enough space to the right. (y)

Yes maybe a little tight but not too bad. A horizontal flip may not be a bad idea. ;)

Great photo of a squirrel with a very hairy tail. As others have already said maybe a bit tightly cropped in the top.

Hi Walter. This flashed up on screen as I was posting mine. Beautifully caught and well composed with the bird given space to fly into. Definitely Smooooooth.

Hairy - a really good capture of a hairy squirrel, something I cant ever seem to photograph as they are up the tree and gone before I get chance to get the camera switched on.

Smooth - another good interpretation of the theme, I like this alot.

Really nicely captured, good sharpness and I like the composition.

Some interesting takes on the themes my favorite is the swan well captured and good focus on the swan
but I love the squirrel too, I intended to get a squirrel for my Hairy shot and indeed I did capture a couple but not
as clear as yours.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going to start another discussion if mineral water is a shoe horn or not... but that photo looks awfully distorted to me and a bit flat. I'm afraid it doesn't work for me.

Well, I'm not going to start another discussion if mineral water is a shoe horn or not... but that photo looks awfully distorted to me and a bit flat. I'm afraid it doesn't work for me.
If that water comes down those hills and doesn't pick up any minerals, i am going to ask for me money back....:)
It was shot with distortion in mind:),

Hey! Great minds Walter ... of course water is Mineral. Excellent choice for the theme ha ha. I like the curvature and texture of the stone wall - apart from the branding, that pack of bottles seems almost to blend into it.

That is an unusual one for mineral that's for sure, theme wise the product portrayed has mineral in it's title, so I can not see how anybody can not see an exact link, the theme is 'Mineral' not 'Mineral Rock or Crystals with no Deviation' @Cobra really started one with this theme :LOL:

Back