weekly WALLYBOYS 52 FOR 2017 RUSTIC FESTIVE AND WEATHER ADDED COMPLETED

Well its been ages since I commented I have had a look through and I really like all your butterfly shots and the bee for Hold is a stunning shot. I am impressed with your vivid kingfisher too I know its not in focus but it is still a good capture. Agriculture is right on for the theme I like the dust cloud behind it and I love the hold reshoot of the queen great find. Another great close up for fruit I like the oof berry in the background and the irridesance of the fly aainst the plain black of the berry.

Hi Walter, I've fallen behind a bit so I'm catching up with comments on your images since my last visit.

Progress - a clever idea and nice contrast between the tried and trusted maps and the new technology of the satnav.
Pleasure - I bet it was, and such a nice setting for that magnificent instrument.
Tiny - well spotted on such lovely big Poppies.
Face - that's excellent! Such great close-up details and it looks like you had eye contact too (y)
Agriculture - ideal for the theme. The red details really catch the eye and I like the cloud of dust behind it.
Fruit - a crisp, colourful close-up, smooth background and the added bonus of a fly feeding itself. Very nice :clap:

Wow, that's quite a sad photograph. Everyone in their own little world. Pity you couldn't get level with the windows, but a decent submission, none the less.

Cgeers

Hi Walter,
Fruit - Not sure it needs the fly to be honest, the pairing of the ripe and ripening blackberries would have worked by themselves.
Vehicle - That's got to be a 125, so not really a pop pop (50cc 2-stroke moped). Good panning shot with decent motion blur to the background and wheels. Could do with being straightened though.
Piece - Interesting piece of social commentary, as Andy says, a group of people but yet all separate.
Horizontals are right for this one ;)

Hi Walter,

Your linky on the main page take you back to the main page and not your thread...

Contrast - Okay, I'm being a bit thick here, but I don't get it, unless you're being ironic as that shot looks like you've pushed the contrast slider in the negative direction. No objection to the inclusion of a shot of a Javelin though :)
Re-shoot : Structure - Leading lines used to lead your eye. Not sure how chappie is going to fare when he gets on that bike, he doesn't quite look dressed for cycling.

Taken out of context like that I personally I find the idea of "cleaning" water quite amusing good choice of subject.
Curves is suitable topical, is that a Banksy? Well spotted and nicely captured

Taken out of context like that I personally I find the idea of "cleaning" water quite amusing good choice of subject.
Curves is suitable topical, is that a Banksy? Well spotted and nicely captured
Thanks Chris if you saw our water you would clean it...lol
It is a Banksy, on the road to ferry terminal in Dover.

Hi Walter

Clean - On theme, but not one of your stronger images. That said it was a bugger of a theme, and at least you've got a shot in that isn't a horned shoe, so :)
Curves - Thought that was a Banksy as soon as I saw it. Topical and on theme.
A bit tightly cropped perhaps?

Liking the Banksy. And your smiling policeman is perfect ... really nicely focused.

Is there a hint of a shoehorn there Walter? I'm in two minds about the sign on the left, may be more, may be less, not sure but I'm guessing it's cropped like that for a reason.

Arches
There's a few arches there. I like the fact that the focus isn't the arches, it works well with the boats.

Display
Now that is bright, it certainly stands out.
I had to look up triennial folkestone, it definitely fits the theme.

Back