Want a Budget PC Monitor for editing

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys.. Ive got a gaming monitor and a cheap pc monitor but the colour of it is really off.. Id like a different monitor for my pc.. My budget is at the high end of £200 would prefer cheaper at around £150 if possible.

Is there anyone out there who could suggest a decent monitor for my needs?

Thanks for any help

All the best
Nick

Dell Untrasharp 24" - there appear to be a few variations about, but in the range £160-£200.
Ideally you'd want to get a calibration system as well.

How about calibrating your existing monitors?
Becauce the the one on the pc at the moment is very old and poor picture qaulity and i want 2 screens on the go so a new better pc monitor is what will sort that.
Dell Untrasharp 24" - there appear to be a few variations about, but in the range £160-£200.
Ideally you'd want to get a calibration system as well.
Right okay, so the ultrasharp ones are decent? And how will i know if it has calibration system on it?

Becauce the the one on the pc at the moment is very old and poor picture qaulity and i want 2 screens on the go so a new better pc monitor is what will sort that.

Right okay, so the ultrasharp ones are decent? And how will i know if it has calibration system on it?

The Ultrasharp models are all pretty good, but Dell just can't resist having multiple similar models with little tweeks to the specifications - my to 23" only differ by the final letter, one was bought 6 months after the other, and the only difference is rounded corners rather than square!

They can all be calibrated, and have a suitable range of controls, but to perform the calibration you need to get a separate calibration tool, such as a DataColor Spyder.

don't think you will get one for that price range, have a look at the dell website, they give you all the numbers you need (screen res, refresh rates, colour gamuts.... and so on)

A £200 monitor will not have the specs a £400 one will, you would have to go to the Dell premium range for real colour accuracy.

For the numbering of models they tend to be first 2 numbers are screen size, next 2 numbers are year of introduction, so a 2419 would be a 24inch screen released in 2019.

then there is a letter code after the 4 numbers which relates to a number of things.

Check here LINKY

Thanks for all the help guys, I’ve gone with the dell u2419h

comes tomorrow :)

thanks again
Nick

the dell ultra sharps will give you very high res. at 24inch I dont believe you need anything higher than 1080.

have a look at the modern IPS panels at 24inch range. I think the latest good ones are Panda Panels AOC 24G2U or 24G2U5. the former being a gaming compatible monitor also - 155Hz. the latter being 75Hz. these panels typically cover 100% sRGB and a bit over around 72% NTSC maybe more. some comes with good factory caliration out of the box.

I was going to suggest the Dell US U2415, which is the model I have and use daily. It's better than most others I've tried. And has USB ports and stuff.

But you've already gone for the current equivalent model. :LOL::coat:

I have a pair of Dell U2412M Monitors and I find them excellent.

They do need calibrating though. I started by using the desktop app and then Adobes calibration app. There is/are colour calibration tools and charts out there which are a good start, I found one on digital dog.com which was quite good. I then went and got a Colour Munki.
What a difference! At first I thought that the screen was too dull, it turns out that for general office use the contrast is set way too high. I believe that this is quite normal for all monitors.
Calibrating the monitors and also the printer made a huge amount of difference, well worth the investment. I reckon that it has paid for itself in the amount of printer paper and ink I have saved.

I have 2 x 23" AOC but bought different times. Good monitors but I would like 2 higher than 1080 and bigger than 24" (more if I have the space & money).

I use spyder 5 pro but did have a colourmunki. Both are good.

well do you like the monitor you purchased
As I have a Benq XL2411T monitor it a IPS and 144 MHz no need for calibration as it ha a photo setting also a SRGB setting they vary in price upto £200 if you can find people with stock as they have a newer model now
I searched and found a few for around £175

well do you like the monitor you purchased
As I have a Benq XL2411T monitor it a IPS and 144 MHz no need for calibration as it ha a photo setting also a SRGB setting they vary in price upto £200 if you can find people with stock as they have a newer model now
I searched and found a few for around £175

From what I have read
It is not IPS but a TN screen
The 'photo' preset is way too bright at 305cd/m2
The pc monitor review site reported that using either the Lagon site to setup it or a Spyder calibration device it was not of the best outcome.
The 144hz refresh rate is entirely aimed at gamers and the brightness in combination with that is targeted at 3D glasses users!

YMMV and as in all purchases, caveat emptor ;)

I can certainly recommend Del Ultrasharps but do make sure you calibrate.

Dave

Back