War Plane??

Kim

Name
Kim
Edit My Images
Yes
So this is my first ever plane photo.
Was up at the stables today checking my horse and thought why not take the camera, after all the sun is out.

Then this huge planes flys over.............................I look up and think "that would make a GREAT photo"..........................I then remembered my camera was slung round my next, flicked it in to sports auto mode and took a few shots.

I have no idea what type of plane it is so if anyone can help on that that would be great. And any feedback is most welcomed. Cheers in advance.

for_tp_forum.jpg

That looks like a Lancaster bomber to me, I assume from the memorial flight?

Edit, forgot to say, no doubt it sounded fantastic!

Last edited:
yeah thats "the reaper" lancastor bomber from raf coningsby.. good quick snap

oh right, ok..................I know nothing of planes other than we get them fly over our stables sometimes and most are huge (and loud).

Oh and all I did to the pic was lighten a little and tweak the saturation.

yeah thats "the reaper" lancastor bomber from raf coningsby.. good quick snap

All I can says is thank heavens for the auto sports mode on my 20d...........keep clicking and hope for the best.
Even though it is more snap than a thought out shot I am still very pleased with it. (y)

It's the kind of sound that gives me a warm feeling and an urge to take something oily apart :LOL:

Great capture. Just so you know for the future, reduce your shutter speed for prop planes :)

Thanks for the tip, but at the time it was over head and I just about had time to flick the dial to auto sports.........................no time for adjusting settings.

What sort of settings though would be good, for future referance?

Well caught, shot from the hip (as it were), it makes an astonishing sound

As mentioned, the plane is an Avro Lancaster. The geeky part of me can also tell you that it is PA474 from the BBMF, and is one of only 2 of these magnificent aircraft left in an airworthy condition in the world. And yes, it sounds brilliant. :) Good shot too, considering you didn't have time to set up.

Back