Warbirds at 'Old Warden'

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Had a good afternoon at Old Warden Yesterday........lots of Vintage Aircraft taking to the Sky's.....it was sunny for most of the time but a strong wind kept the pilots on there toes.
A big Bankholiday crowd for the first display of the 'Shuttleworth Collection'
Good start to the Airshow season.......here's some Images from the day.......Cheers Barry

Gladiator2.jpg

Hurricane.jpg

Hind1.jpg

Harvaard.jpg

Hurricane4.jpg

Lysander1.jpg

Kittyhawk2.jpg

Kittyhawk6.jpg

Hurricane12.jpg

Kiityhawk1.jpg

excellent set of pics, good to see these are still flying and in tip-top condition.

Great set - I must try and get to some air shows this year.

We tried to get into this - as in previous years via the classic car show. But after having sat in the queue of traffic to get in for around 45 minutes we found they'd moved the car show to a different part of the site and it didn't look like there would be any chance of seeing the planes too :( Turned around and headed to Rockingham for the Red Kites instead.

Great pics you got there :D

Saw the Spitfire on his way home later on from the back garden :D

Great set there, I'll have to get along to Shuttleworth at some point...

cracking set imo

(y)Thanks Everyone.......just that bit of light helped after a bit of a grey start.....shooting mostly on 250th sec but the aircraft do display close to the crowd line and I was shooting full frame at around 300mm with a crop factor.........all in all a good airshow and a good opportunity to capture some excellent vintage aircraft.
Did take a while to get into the show with a large Classic car show in the field next door!......but the Kitty hawk didn't leave till late so we hung around to get some shots of it departing........took off and then came from behind the trees very low for a final pass which was well worth waiting for.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.........Cheers Barry

Well I can't pick a good one.... They are all better than good! They are simply fantastic, well done, brilliant.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

:clap:

Back