B&W Warning another Duke of Portland boat house image.

Like this a lot Graham.
Do you have a colour version? Would be nice to see this to. :)

Lovely location for sure but there appears to me a bit of lot of darkness in the bottom right quadrant, I think if this was lightened it would improve your image and lead to more balance between the left (light) and (right) dark side. I've only had a chance to review this on an iPhone so I may be doing you a grave injustice. I will have a look on the large screen later on today. I do like the monochrome and it makes a refreshing change from the colour images.

Like this a lot Graham.
Do you have a colour version? Would be nice to see this to. :)

Thanks Neil, I must admit it screamed B&W to me when I took it and I never processed a colour version at first. But here it is.

Boat House in the Mist - Colour by littlenorty, on Flickr

Really like this :)

Thanks you Michalene

Lovely location for sure but there appears to me a bit of lot of darkness in the bottom right quadrant, I think if this was lightened it would improve your image and lead to more balance between the left (light) and (right) dark side. I've only had a chance to review this on an iPhone so I may be doing you a grave injustice. I will have a look on the large screen later on today. I do like the monochrome and it makes a refreshing change from the colour images.

Thanks for the feedback Nick, the idea for me was to leave the bottom right pretty dark so the image went dark, boathouse to light. saying that you got me thinking now and I will have to have a play. :)

like it!

I prefer the colour.
I find the reflection of the light in the water distracting though, so I'd likely clone it out (as well as the light) and also the wee leaf thing floating in the water.

Colour here too...by a country mile.

Well, I haven't seen it before. It's a lovely image and my preference is for the B&W..more ethereal.

I do agree with Marie re. the splash of light reflection and the source,I too would clone them out.

Prefer the colour, a different feel to a much photographed subject

I prefer the colour.
I find the reflection of the light in the water distracting though, so I'd likely clone it out (as well as the light) and also the wee leaf thing floating in the water.

Colour here too...by a country mile.

Well, I haven't seen it before. It's a lovely image and my preference is for the B&W..more ethereal.

I do agree with Marie re. the splash of light reflection and the source,I too would clone them out.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm torn between the two now :)

Marie I d agree with you about cloning out the light in the colour version funny enough it doesn't bother me in the B&W version.

B+W for me Graham hands down bursting with atmosphere, the colour of the light is spoiling it for me, loud speaker maybe asking them inside to turn it off lol Photographer at WORK!!!, thank yoy for sharing
Kevin

B+W for me Graham hands down bursting with atmosphere, the colour of the light is spoiling it for me, loud speaker maybe asking them inside to turn it off lol Photographer at WORK!!!, thank yoy for sharing
Kevin
:agree::plus1:

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I do feel sorry for anyone staying there everytime you go out on the balcony you must 3 or 4 cameras trained on you.

Thanks Rob

Back