WARNING!! Skylum Website Problem?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Have been on and off there website over the years but never had this infection warning before. Skylum Warning.JPGSkylum Warning.JPG_2.JPG

I use "Bitdefender" AV with Firefox and I've never seen any warnings about Skylum.
Checked this morning and all OK.
I'd suggest that "Avast" is reporting a false positive.

I use "Bitdefender" AV with Firefox and I've never seen any warnings about Skylum.
Checked this morning and all OK.
I'd suggest that "Avast" is reporting a false positive.

Avast have a pretty bad reputation so reporting false positives would be nothing unusual.

Avast have a pretty bad reputation so reporting false positives would be nothing unusual.
I use an adblocker with FF, if that makes any difference.
The problem could be in an ad popup, rather than the site itself.
I'm also using the 64-bit version of FF.

Just logged onto Skylum site, no problems reported.

Looking to get rid od Adobe.

Just logged onto Skylum site, no problems reported.

Looking to get rid od Adobe.
My Adobe alternative is On1 or Luminar, plus Affinity for the things that those two can't handle.

Luminar is excellent software and can get good results very quickly. They've started implementing proper asset management in version 3 but, unfortunately, no IPTC headers yet - though they've told me that it's in the pipeline. Just a heads-up in case anyone needs them.

My Adobe alternative is On1 or Luminar, plus Affinity for the things that those two can't handle.
Also have those three but I have to keep hold of my stand alone ver 6 of L/R because none of those three have an option to create my own camera profiles with the Colourchecker and asking it to be implemented to any of the three is like hitting your head against a brick wall, but that's another story.

Also have those three but I have to keep hold of my stand alone ver 6 of L/R because none of those three have an option to create my own camera profiles with the Colourchecker and asking it to be implemented to any of the three is like hitting your head against a brick wall, but that's another story.
I don't use Colorchecker but I'm sure there will be support "eventually."
Don't forget that LR has had many more years of development compared to the replacements currently on offer.
One thing I never liked about Lightroom was the necessity to load all your images into the LR Catalog in order to work on them.
It was very difficult to do a quick edit on a casual image file, for example if someone brought you a file on a USB stick.
On1 does not use a catalog as such, you simply browse your image files and click the one you want to work on, whether it's on a hard drive or a USB stick.
Provided you have the discipline to keyword all your images after you download them, searching is just as quick and simple as with Lightroom.
Luminar has a similar image browser, but I prefer the one in On1.

I don't use Colorchecker but I'm sure there will be support "eventually."
Don't forget that LR has had many more years of development compared to the replacements currently on offer.
One thing I never liked about Lightroom was the necessity to load all your images into the LR Catalog in order to work on them.
It was very difficult to do a quick edit on a casual image file, for example if someone brought you a file on a USB stick.
On1 does not use a catalog as such, you simply browse your image files and click the one you want to work on, whether it's on a hard drive or a USB stick.
Provided you have the discipline to keyword all your images after you download them, searching is just as quick and simple as with Lightroom.
Luminar has a similar image browser, but I prefer the one in On1.
Hi, Yes Brian Adobe have had many years to develope very good imaging software however as can be seen by the image we have been waiting near 3 years. Russ. CCR.JPG

Back