Warwick Mop

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken a few weeks back. Every year the fun fair comes to Warwick around the mid/end of October. This is taken from the race course to the south of Warwick town centre looking up into town. The race course always seems to get a thin layer of mist developing as the nights get colder and i liked the contrast of the cool, calm grass land and the busy, bright lights of the fair.

Warwick Mop Funfair by Ian Taylor, on Flickr

Really like this, a little bit different from the usual landscape or cityscape.

I do. I think i prefer something in the foreground although my composition could have been improved.

A lot say this but often foreground is composed in for the sake of it and is often uninteresting and does't guide the viewer in - sadly this is the case here.

The distant view is the subject, and the field provides plenty of context. Without the bush the shot would work better, IMHO

I like the original with the "ghostly grass", for me the crop loses the context of urban and rural, I see what others say about the bush and if you were to re-shoot it then losing the bush would be ideal whilst keeping the grass. But of course that is just my opinion there is no right or wrong.

Thanks all. Always end up learning something from this site. I like the grass poking through too and is what i like about including some foreground. On reflection including the bush was a step too far!

All about opinions but I like the bush in, I like the dark against light and the rural/urban effect. Works better for me with about 20% off the left and 5% off the right though. Good shot.

Back