Wasdale from Great Gable

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
It's been about 6 weeks since I last had chance to take a landscape shot, so it was a refreshing change to head out on Sunday.
The fell tops in the Scafell massif were all coated with cloud as I headed up to Styhead Tarn, and by the time I reached the summit of Gable, I could barely see for more than a couple of meters.
Heading over to the western flanks, as if by magic, the cloud started to break up, and offered some lush views of the Wasdale valley, and Wast Water below.

The Wonder of Wasdale by Matty, on Flickr

Cracking, i love it when at a height your looking down on the clouds (or Inversion). Cloud is making a nice frame for the shot here. Great Shot Matty(y)

Superb Matty. Great to see you're getting out on your 'adventures' again :)

Simon.

Great shot Matty, liking this one very much.(y)

George.

Smashing shot Matty, few better views than the top of Gable. I'm not going back up til I've got my long lens fixed, need to get more shots like this rather than wide.

Cheers Stuart, there's a time and place for a wide shot, but I'm enjoying the possibilities of the 70-200 more often than not when I am up high these days!

Cheers homeboy!

I love shots like this, looking down on a fab view, just lovely

Thanks very much, really lucky, as the other guys we saw on the route up looked pretty miserable on the way down, as there was zero vis at the tops!

a smashing place and capture. I can really image being there.

Cheers Sam, was a great moment, I was in awe watching the clouds disperse and the view open up infront of me!

Cracking, i love it when at a height your looking down on the clouds (or Inversion). Cloud is making a nice frame for the shot here. Great Shot Matty(y)

Cheers Steve, a different sort of inversion than what I am used to. Nice to not have to get up at 2am for once to capture some interesting conditions!

Superb Matty. Great to see you're getting out on your 'adventures' again :)

Simon.

Like a caged lion Simon, I'm refreshed and ready to go again!! Cheers buddy

Very nice Matty, feels a bit like I'm in a hot air balloon looking down.

Haha, I see what you mean Paul, it's a great perspective, which I think is made more interesting by the cloud. Thank you

Great stuff, no added to my list of places to visit.

Get it done Mark, its a great walk up Gable and the views are sublime. Plus there's a good pint to be had in the Pub at Wasdale Head too!

Great shot Matty, liking this one very much.(y)

George.

Much appreciated George, thanks for your feedback!!

Back