Wasdale, Lake District

First of all the light is absolutely stunning, it's a spectacular place and I can't say I've seen a shot from there with light as dramatic as this. I just wonder if you tried any other compositions? I'm unsure if the rocks have quite enough interest to anchor the composition although the light goes a very long way to making up for that. I think a bit more sky would be a good thing if you have another to choose from, or if not you could try removing a part of the bottom to give more emphasis to the slightly more distant rocks. I'd also look at a curves tweak to brighten it but keep the contrasts. Spectacular though, I bet it was amazing to be there in those conditions

Reactions: smr
Fantastic light there. Sometimes the light there is spectacular. I remembering being there one evening and the light hadn’t been that good and shadows had started to appear across the water. I started to pack up and I turned around to see this amazing pink light starting to appear. Unfortunately I didn’t get clouds like those, they look awesome!

Reactions: smr
First of all the light is absolutely stunning, it's a spectacular place and I can't say I've seen a shot from there with light as dramatic as this. I just wonder if you tried any other compositions? I'm unsure if the rocks have quite enough interest to anchor the composition although the light goes a very long way to making up for that. I think a bit more sky would be a good thing if you have another to choose from, or if not you could try removing a part of the bottom to give more emphasis to the slightly more distant rocks. I'd also look at a curves tweak to brighten it but keep the contrasts. Spectacular though, I bet it was amazing to be there in those conditions

Hi, yes the light was superb. I couldn't get anymore sky in but personally I feel there is enough. Have adjusted it slightly and brightened it up as I agree that the little was slightly too dark overall, especially the sky. It's more about just lifting the shadows slightly. Thanks for the comment.

Fantastic light there. Sometimes the light there is spectacular. I remembering being there one evening and the light hadn’t been that good and shadows had started to appear across the water. I started to pack up and I turned around to see this amazing pink light starting to appear. Unfortunately I didn’t get clouds like those, they look awesome!

Thanks Rob. Yes I was treated too some lovely light. Always worth staying for a bit to see what the light can do as it's often quite fleeting in moments like these.

Crop a chunk off the bottom I think it lacks brightness and contrast

More like this but still needs work

Not my shot 2020 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back