Wasdale Monday morning reflections

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Wasdale on Monday morning for sunrise as the weather was forecast to be calm and I hadnt been for reflections shots there for a while. I had the place to myself which was nice. The light never got great but I managed these.

My first frame

Wastwater dawn by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A while later when some light arrived

Wastwater sunrise by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The screes by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Last edited:
Some lovely shots Alf.

Great set, number one for me really like the colours.

Nice, Nice, & Nice, liking all of these shots very much.(y)

George.

I prefer the composition on #1. I like that pool/flash of light on the water
#3 throws me a little. I am known in my family for seeing patterns differently (not an attribute, just a fact) nad my first reaction to this was that it was a photo of a piece of split agate, not a landscape.
An intriguing photo.

Great set, number one for me really like the colours.

Thanks Bearair

Nice, Nice, & Nice, liking all of these shots very much.(y)

George.

Thanks George

I prefer the composition on #1. I like that pool/flash of light on the water
#3 throws me a little. I am known in my family for seeing patterns differently (not an attribute, just a fact) nad my first reaction to this was that it was a photo of a piece of split agate, not a landscape.
An intriguing photo.

Thanks Alan
Judging by Stephen's reaction to the third its not for everyonr the last shot

just a touch of magic there..my fav

Thanks Geoff
I was hoping for more magic but had little

The first one is so soft and serene. The last one hurts my eyes!

Thanks Stephen sorry about the last

Hi Alf
cracking set as ever. First is so serene.

Can I ask a couple of question please.

1. At what height is do you have the camera above ground to get the best results?

2. In no.3 you can see though the water to the stones below the surface. Do you think this detracts from the shot?

Peter

Hi Alf
cracking set as ever. First is so serene.

Can I ask a couple of question please.

1. At what height is do you have the camera above ground to get the best results?

2. In no.3 you can see though the water to the stones below the surface. Do you think this detracts from the shot?

Peter

Thanks Peter
The camera for these was about eye level I didnt see the need to change that for these. Though if I had lowered the camera in 1 I may have reduced the size of the bright section of broken water in the distance.
The stones being visible is something you will have to answer yourself whether you like it or not. Could it be avoided with different processing or again by lowering the samera it may have been avoided.

The hieght and proximity to a body of water does make big differences to what sort reflection you get it is often necessary to low and close to small pools/puddles to get a reflection.

Last edited:

Peter

I know you didn't ask me but

No it does not. Actually seeing the stones below adds to it. It makes it feel natural rather than synthetic and it's just as you'd see it.

Back