Wasdale on a calm day

That was a great Nip out Alf!
It must be fantastic to have such beautiful landscape just down the road.
Love that rock just breaking the surface in the foreground, and the rings on the surface! Crystal Clear and nice and sharp(y)

Very lovely Alf.
Well done you for not carrying out excessive shadow recovery too

That is a really great scene, superb colours & light and I just love the reflection. Great shot!

"Excellent" bit of work Alf.(y)

George.

Very cool rendition! Thanks.

Thanks Kodiak

Magical is all I can say.

Thanks Paul

Great shot Alf
Thanks Glyn

Lovely colours. The blue sky and fleeting sunshine work well together.

Thanks David there was never any more sun than that but but work with what you get I say not that I am dissapointed

Calm shot over the stormy shot all day long

I would expect that from you Steve and thanks.

Well worth nipping out for Alf

Thanks Kevin
The wife was a bit hungry when I got back as I was cooking tea as usual

That was a great Nip out Alf!
It must be fantastic to have such beautiful landscape just down the road.
Love that rock just breaking the surface in the foreground, and the rings on the surface! Crystal Clear and nice and sharp(y)

Thanks Steve that rock delivered all I was hoping it would last time was there that rock was on a beach though

Very lovely Alf.
Well done you for not carrying out excessive shadow recovery too

Thanks Ruth and yes shadows are good too

That is a really great scene, superb colours & light and I just love the reflection. Great shot!

Thanks Chris

"Excellent" bit of work Alf.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Another example of how great light just makes the landscape work!

Thanks Stephen It is a great view on any day but with a bit of the right makes all the difference as always

Superb Alf

Thanks Jack

Sharp and colourful and a great composition.

Thanks Doormat

I assume your local then if you 'nipped' out? I'm 1 1/4 miles away from there. Where are you?

You captured some good light there.

I assume your local then if you 'nipped' out? I'm 1 1/4 miles away from there. Where are you?

You captured some good light there.
Well not that close but from Whitehaven.

I did talk to a photographer that had walked there a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Superb image Alf. Before I scrolled down to see the whole image I did for a split second think you'd added one of those awful ripple reflection effects that are blighting a few groups on Facebook (there's a garish one off Ullswater and there's the robin that made it into this month's Outdoor Photography mag). Back to yours though and I particularly like the two areas of sunlight on the background fell and scree.

Well not that close but from Whitehaven.

I did talk to a photographer that had walked there a couple of months ago.

Well, i actually live in Egremont, but i work in Nether Wasdale (Not difficult to work out where ;)). But i really don't get down to the lake half as much as i should, though to be fair i did go down a few times a week towards the end of summer last year, albeit on a bike in my quest to get fit haha. Never with my camera though. I must make more of an effort lol.

Really nice that Alf :) I love Wasdale its beautiful.

Thanks Nick it is a beautiful place and even better if you are on your own though I only think I managed that at 1 am shooting under moonlight

I wish I could just nip out to Wasdale Head [emoji3]

So do I they sell a nice pint there and I am thirsty

Superb image Alf. Before I scrolled down to see the whole image I did for a split second think you'd added one of those awful ripple reflection effects that are blighting a few groups on Facebook (there's a garish one off Ullswater and there's the robin that made it into this month's Outdoor Photography mag). Back to yours though and I particularly like the two areas of sunlight on the background fell and scree.

Peter Thanks
I really cannot be bothered with all that sort of messing about

Colours & composition are spot on!

Earl

Thanks Earl

Superb! Love that light.

Thanks Joel

Well, i actually live in Egremont, but i work in Nether Wasdale (Not difficult to work out where ;)). But i really don't get down to the lake half as much as i should, though to be fair i did go down a few times a week towards the end of summer last year, albeit on a bike in my quest to get fit haha. Never with my camera though. I must make more of an effort lol.

Never mind we cant all live somwhere nice :p
Nicer place to be than where I work. If you are going to make and effort I would do at this time of year as it is much nicer than summer for photos IMO but its a nice place just to be and look at the lake whatever the waether.

Never mind we cant all live somwhere nice :p
Nicer place to be than where I work. If you are going to make and effort I would do at this time of year as it is much nicer than summer for photos IMO but its a nice place just to be and look at the lake whatever the waether.
I wouldn't call Whitehaven nice either haha

Back