Wasdale on a windy afternoon

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of shots I took yesterday it was seriously cold and very windy. I was not in a great mood when I took these as my tripod blew over and wrecked my newest lens.

The light was amazing and the lake was really rough and looked almost black at times.

Wasdale wave by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Wasdale afternoon light by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Two very nice shots Sir, beautiful light & colour in both of them, with #1 being my preferred shot mainly for the lively foreground interest and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Both great studies of wonderful Lake District scenery, in great light. The second is the one for me- the composition and foreground work better imo.

Two very nice shots Sir, beautiful light & colour in both of them, with #1 being my preferred shot mainly for the lively foreground interest and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Both great studies of wonderful Lake District scenery, in great light. The second is the one for me- the composition and foreground work better imo.

Thanks Doggel

I like them both - super work

Thanks James

2 gorgeous shots Alf, love the composition on the second one and the foreground of the first. Both have lovely tones too!

Two lovely images Alf. I was there yesterday too, it was fantastic :)

Thanks Martin
I was not in the best mood by the time I took these but the conditions were great I was at Ennerdale early in the day too

The second image is the one for me... very nice.

Thanks Lee

First for me the wave, and light, on that really pulls me into the frame

Thanks Chris

2 gorgeous shots Alf, love the composition on the second one and the foreground of the first. Both have lovely tones too!

Thanks Claire

Beautiful light and colour, nicely composed.

Thanks Alan

Last edited:

It is always exciting when the Sun sneaks under the clouds! (y)(y)

Back