Wasdale reflection

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken last Thursday when I went for a wander round part of the lake towards the screes to check things out having not been there for a long time. I had been at one of the usual spots for sunrise and that hadn't been great and the wind picked up.

On the way the wind dropped again I stated to shoot again but I had left most of my gear in the car I had one lens and no filters.

Here are two versions of the same shot

Wastwater reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Wastwater mono reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Very nice. Damn ripples really get on your nerves don't they!! I was at Blea Tarn, as you know, and the water was glass flat, then from the far right hand side, a small ripple appeared on the surface, which gradually made its way across the whole water and totally changed the scene. Ive never seen that happen before, The weather hadn't changed, no wind, nothing!

Very nice. Damn ripples really get on your nerves don't they!! I was at Blea Tarn, as you know, and the water was glass flat, then from the far right hand side, a small ripple appeared on the surface, which gradually made its way across the whole water and totally changed the scene. Ive never seen that happen before, The weather hadn't changed, no wind, nothing!

Thanks Dan

They are both very good. Probably the black and white wins due to better contrast. You certainly didn't need any filters here.

Thanks filters would have helped

Excellent. The only thing that bugs me is the the way the right-hand most reed stem breaks the horizon in the reflection. An easy fix, though?

The ripple doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks Jerry
I agree about the grass stem and the reflection and I should have spotted it

The ripple and the reed bothers me - the reed being the bigger issue.

Re water like that - stick on a little stop and it all goes away and goes like glass.

Colour for me and otherwise utterly excellent.

Thanks Steve

Back