Wasdale this afternoon with added shot

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
One of my favorite places to visit and a wonderful pair of images to entice me to visit again!
Cheers

Nice, I like them both, though do have a preference for the second. Was there a couple of weeks ago, but cloud level was about knee height!

Both wonderful images for the hills and the sky- particularly like the perspective in #2. Not quite as keen on the relatively dull & 'flatly' lit water- would be tempted to crop the bottom eighth or so off, to make the most of the glorious hills + sky.

These are both nice but I think the first is stronger. I can't help wondering what it would have looked like though without the long grass on the left and the camera positioned lower on the 'beach' bit with that and the rocks making a more prominent and simpler foreground.

Two very nice shots Alf, the first shot would also be my preference because of the foreground interest and slightly more contrast.(y)

George.

Thanks all for the comments glad you like them

Now with an added shot

Great shots Alf, and the latest image is a worthy addition to the set.

I think the light on the added shot raises it above the other 2.

Thanks Mark

Great shots Alf, and the latest image is a worthy addition to the set.

Thanks David

The last is the best. The road leads you in and the lack of still water isn't an issue.

The 1st two compositions would benefit massively from reflections

Thanks Steve
I know what you mean about reflections but it was windy day.

Love the third shot too, I normally like still water but the movement in this really adds to it for me

Thanks Ian

How I wish it wasn't such a mission to get round to Wasdale. Really like the warm tones on the last shot Alf, and the clouds offer some good depth to the first two images

I love Wasdale, and in particular the Wasdale Head Inn.

Onto the pics. Very nice light in all of them which makes the pictures stand out.

#1 You've lost the left hand edge of the lake which, had it been included, would have been effective at bringing the eye up and into the picture. Sacrificing some of the relatively dull right hand side to get that in on the left would improve it. Could you have made more of the lovely texture of the grasses on the left by including them in the frame a bit more?

#2 Vignetting is rather heavy. I'd actually make this into a panorama by cropping as the top and bottom are not adding much, and the stars of the show are the snow dusted mountains with that beautiful light.

#3 This is my favourite of the 3. But....if you could have more effectively linked the lighter area of foreground rock to the road in mid distance you'd have created a very good link along the depth of the image. As it is, the foreground sort of looms up and seems to block what I want to see which is the line of the road. It's almost there - maybe if you'd been a bit to the right that could have done the trick. It's the sort of thing I never notice myself until after I've taken a picture :)

How I wish it wasn't such a mission to get round to Wasdale. Really like the warm tones on the last shot Alf, and the clouds offer some good depth to the first two images

Thanks Matty
I know it is a terrible place to get to this was 30 minute drive for me.

I love Wasdale, and in particular the Wasdale Head Inn.

Onto the pics. Very nice light in all of them which makes the pictures stand out.

#1 You've lost the left hand edge of the lake which, had it been included, would have been effective at bringing the eye up and into the picture. Sacrificing some of the relatively dull right hand side to get that in on the left would improve it. Could you have made more of the lovely texture of the grasses on the left by including them in the frame a bit more?

#2 Vignetting is rather heavy. I'd actually make this into a panorama by cropping as the top and bottom are not adding much, and the stars of the show are the snow dusted mountains with that beautiful light.

#3 This is my favourite of the 3. But....if you could have more effectively linked the lighter area of foreground rock to the road in mid distance you'd have created a very good link along the depth of the image. As it is, the foreground sort of looms up and seems to block what I want to see which is the line of the road. It's almost there - maybe if you'd been a bit to the right that could have done the trick. It's the sort of thing I never notice myself until after I've taken a picture :)

Thanks for that Andy

Back