Wastwater

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

The kids and I visited Wastewater for the 1st time earlier this week and what an amazing place. The conditions were really boring so converted this effort to black and white. Also met some really interesting and friendly people there and will be sure to return soon.

RUS_0780-Edit.jpg

Moody! Amazing mountains! Great reflections! Perfect composition!

Just a quick comment on that from me.......the sky is too dark in realtion to its reflection.........

Indeed but it get's away with it - B&W processing is not how we see the world so the all sorts of things can be pushed way beyond what you would do with a colour image. Reflection looks nice as does the composition (although it is quite busy) but I suspect the reality here is a dull flat scene and that alas comes through despite the best efforts to push the clarity/structure and contrast.

Reflection is nice though and rare for this windy area :D

Absolutely Steve. A very dull boring day in terms of light etc therefore the decision was made to convert and push the contrast etc, making the most of the conditions and experience of visiting this great place. May not be to everybody taste but hey ho each to their own and can only keep trying.

I like it Russel

I love Wastwater. Nice shot.

Attachments

• Wastwater.jpg
    Wastwater.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 9
I love this. Something about the clarity of the water in the foreground and the dark clouds. Lovely :)

Back