Water damage when there was no water contact

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi every one I recently bought a 2nd hand Leica dlux 7 camera for my daughter in March undet a 12 month shop warranty from Harrison cameras and still under Leica warranty 4 months later the camera stopped charging so took it back they sent it to Leica who have said it’s down to water damage £ 270 bill how is this possible when it’s not been in contact with water and hasnt really been used a lot is it possible that I bought it with water damage and a few months later the damage has eventually come out or is it Leica or Harrison cameras are just saying water damage as a way out of not having to pay the bill

Yeah think that’s going to be the case I’ll. ring Leica repairs 1st think Monday and get there take on it thanks for the reply

Hi I’ve got the same camera so tried my charger plus my batteries and it just didn’t want to turn on I’ll speak to Leica first think Monday and see what they say

I hear that sometimes condensation from the camera being subjected to extreme hot to cold conditions can cause water damage. ( from outside in the icy cold and then then being used inside a warm building straight away)

Thanks for your. Thoughts on this yes that is a possibility but if I carnt resolve this with Leica I’ll just have to bite the bullet and stump up the cash and next time just buy new once again thanks for reply

Hi all I’ve got an update regarding the water damaged camera Harrison cameras have been in touch with me today and have said they will honour the warranty and repair the camera at no cost to my self this was excellent news and so all is good thanks Harrison cameras and yes you can buy second hand from them with confidence brilliant and I will shop there again

Back