Water droplet

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

First post in M&CUP so be nice :p

Completly random so and it turned out well so here goes.

droplet.jpg

droplet1.jpg

Not sure which I prefer....

C&C welcome :)

Neither really do anything for me. It seems like a random snapshot of a water droplet. Don't forget that in *all* photos you need good composition. This, for me, is just a droplet and I've seen them before.

what's it sitting on, I can't work out what the "scratches" towards the bottom of the frame are?

I think it's a great idea and well executed - nice shot :)

I've seen it done so much better personally which is why for me it lacked any real focal point and seemed like just a snapshot of a droplet.

I've seen it done so much better personally which is why for me it lacked any real focal point and seemed like just a snapshot of a droplet.

Just because someone else has done it better, doesn't mean this one isn't any good. I never said it was perfect, just that I liked it :)

Just because someone else has done it better, doesn't mean this one isn't any good. I never said it was perfect, just that I liked it :)

You're right, just because someone has done it better doesn't mean this one isn't any good, if you put it that way. However, I don't really think that this is all that good. Its sharp and in focus but the background is a bit dull really.

What you said was it was well executed, and I've seen photos on here using the concept that are really well executed. If this was the first water droplet I'd ever seen I'd be impressed just as I was when I took a terrible photo of one 4 years ago with my A70.

You could always go for the cliched droplets on a CD shot that works out well but I do feel its been done to death and needs reinventing.

Maybe the droplet was snapped through a car windscreen? There's nothing new under the Sun, which soon dries out water droplets. So it's a snapshot for sure. At least you and your camera aren't reflected. It's pretty sharp... I must have a go at this, done to death or not.

The debate here is more interesting than the shot itself :)

As to the shot - it is sharp in places so technically done well. I don't know what I'm looking at with the shot and there is nothing interesting or eye catching about the composition. Strikes me as a step on the road to better things.

So Ewan is right that it is well executed as in properly exposed and focussed but I have to agree with Pete that there is not much else going for the picture as a whole. It is good that we all see things a bit differently and it can help people develop if they get honest and varied views.

Todays Daily Mail has a page of classic water drop shots if ideas are wanted. Water drops act as a lens and you can focus through it ;)

I did this ages ago. Should have printed the image on a bigger bit of paper as you can see the edges :LOL:

sw.jpg

Think I've just realised the drop is on a knife blade! makes a bit more sense now :)

Back