Water Droplets

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was unsure weather to post these after seeing the quality of similar shots posted recently. But what the hell. I didn't have much light so a flash was needed, meaning I had a max shutter speed of 1/200 so not as sharp as I would like. Here goes.

2112738715_ce68fc3ab7_o.jpg

2113519064_0842f08372_o.jpg

2112738255_92721c2e81_o.jpg

better than any ive ever got

but 3 is good nice shot

md(y)

I think numero uno is the best, would be a bit better if it had a slightly larger DOF so that the back of the splash is in focus too :)

Don't do your shots down, these are great shots well done (y)

I didn't have much light so a flash was needed, meaning I had a max shutter speed of 1/200 so not as sharp as I would like[/IMG]

What do you mean by this comment Snakey? Was the flash used to boost the light levels or was was the flash the only light source, in effect as ambient light was so low as to not record?

Nice shots BTW, though I don't think the painting a white background worked too well on #2 - I'm always meaning to have a go at this sort of stuff and never get round to it

Thanks for all comments.

What do you mean by this comment Snakey? Was the flash used to boost the light levels or was was the flash the only light source, in effect as ambient light was so low as to not record?

There was some ambient light but not enough for high shutter speeds even with a high ISO.

Very nice, especially with built in flash.

Cheers. It wasn't the built in flash but a flash gun. I sat it about 12" from the glass at about a 45 degree angle at 1/4 power diffused at 14mm (I think) to take away some of the harshness.

I think numero uno is the best, would be a bit better if it had a slightly larger DOF so that the back of the splash is in focus too

Thanks, I agree. I've got something to build on now so hope for better results the next time.

No 3 is great, got just the right moment of impact...like the different colour of the splashes too..nice effect :)

Welcome stiggy.

The key to sharp images is accurate focus, appropriate DOF and in this type of shot, a fast shutter speed. Because I was using a flash gun, 1/200 was the fastest I could use. I used a tripod to prevent camera shake.

There is a small amount of USM applied in photoshop.

Back