Water Leak, Vauxhall Meriva

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought a 53 plate Meriva as a run around for my daughters, she wanted something with a bit of room at the back. We've had it about 4 weeks and everything has been running fine but today she noticed a water leak underneath. I've had a quick look, and its definitely leaking. The expansion tank level seems fine and I can't see any obvious leaks. I put something underneath to catch the water and its cold and clear, considering its just down 100 miles and the expansion tank feels pretty hot Im guessing its not the coolant system. I'm assuming its the washer tank or pipes, the drip does seem to be in the right place although the tank and pipes are pretty obscured so I can't see it to check. We've never filled the washer tank, and Ive a feeling its just got water in it. i just wanted to know, could it be anywhere else that would leak cold water?

Any help appreciated, if its just likely to be the washer tank then it can wait for a week or two

Had the aircon on and running hard? Could be the condensation from that?

Pretty sure theres a drip pipe from it to get rid of the condensation water collected, especially in really hot weather

Last edited:
Had the aircon on and running hard? Could be the condensation from that?

Pretty sure theres a drip pipe from it to get rid of the condensation water collected, especially in really hot weather
Cheers fella appreciate the reply. She did have the air on today, pretty warm day. Never thought of that. Is there a lot of water collected?

Can be if it's warm humid air onto the cold condensor, so they have a drip pipe to let it out. If the waters not hot it's probably going to be that

Sniff the water. If it smells of coolant then it's something to worry about. If it doesn't then it's probably the condensate drain for the air con.

Can be if it's warm humid air onto the cold condensor, so they have a drip pipe to let it out. If the waters not hot it's probably going to be that

Sniff the water. If it smells of coolant then it's something to worry about. If it doesn't then it's probably the condensate drain for the air con.

No smell of coolant and the waiter is quite cold, so hopefully that's the end of the matter. Wish I had asked here first before I flushed out all the window washer on to the front and rear screen, although, I think it was just water in the tank.

Cheers, I appreciate the help.

I had the same every time I used aircon in the Saab convertible:thinking: with hood up of course, and there was a lot of water on hot days, once parked the water would run from underneath as if there was a leak

just water from the compressor as folk have said it just gets dripp out the bottom of a little pipe

Does sound like water from using the air con.

Does it happen regularly - if so, go for the run without air con on and see if anything appears underneath afterwards...just to reassure yourself. (y)

It's a Vauxhall the waters used to put the fire out :oops: :$:beer:

Definitely the moisture draining away from the heater box due to the air con being on and being a hot day. Better to check and it all be ok than to leave it a something go wrong.

I spent a worried 15 mins at a service station in south of France wondering what caused the stream of water running from my car. Turned out to be the aircon...
Google truly was my friend there [emoji3]

Back