Water photos

You got some great detail in these and I can't think of anything better than a petri dish for this sort of stuff. Only way I think this setup could be improved is be careful not to let water get under the petri dish like in #1 which has resulted in the stone underneath being clouded by the bottom of the petri dish.

In #2 you could even clone out the side of the petri dish and you would never know it was in a petri dish at all.

You got some great detail in these and I can't think of anything better than a petri dish for this sort of stuff. Only way I think this setup could be improved is be careful not to let water get under the petri dish like in #1 which has resulted in the stone underneath being clouded by the bottom of the petri dish.

In #2 you could even clone out the side of the petri dish and you would never know it was in a petri dish at all.
Thank you for your kind remarks, good point about the petri dish. Do you think that the base could be improved? I was thinking of trying these in a small plastic container (e.g an old soft cheese container.

Super shots ,I would think there are lots of alternatives to these dishes out there just a case of finding a them ,kitchen shops etc .

Super shots ,I would think there are lots of alternatives to these dishes out there just a case of finding a them ,kitchen shops etc .
Actually I wonder if see through glass is the way to go as opposed to a small plastic container. I think a small waterproof wooden box would be ideal in terms of background but I am not sure.

The only other way is to set up a tank I susoect

The only other way is to set up a tank I susoect
I think I should have put a leaf underneath. Some people do very well, with tanks but I want to be able to travel
A few more, a work in progress rather than a finished article.
I think these with leaves are a lot better than ones I took in the past without.
I should of course have wiped the water from them and made sure there was no air pocket
Damselfly Larva IMG_1251 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Damselfly img_1245 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Newt tadpole img_1242 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Rat tailed maggots by davholla2002, on Flickr

Back