Water rail at night

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
As a xmas present I was given a day at a paid hide - not my normal thing but I really enjoyed it, so whilst I can't claim any credit for the location there was still plenty to get right (and wrong on numerous occasions!), including getting this one sharp at 1/80th!

As we got to the location it was dark, then Alan set up some lights which surprised me, but I quite like the way this has worked something different to the normal.

I'll post some 'regular' shots after some serious sifting through of the days files!

Night-water-rail-1-low-res.jpg

@Cobra - sorry for picking on you Chris, but has the upload limit changed with the new software? I tried to post this at 1024px and 377k, but I ended up having to reduce the size to 237k to get it to attach

Mike

As far as I'm aware Mike , it remains the same 1024 on the longest side 500kb for an attachment.
The "Old one" was 350Kb. I'll ask the question for you :)

Cracking image BTW (y)

Yes Mike, I like that, I can't wait to see more from your trip. I didn't do the water rail on my 2 visits to Alan but maybe next time.

Alan knows his stuff, he is an asset to wildlife and a top bloke as well.

Nice one Mike - Yes its different and I like.
Are these the hides in Kirkubright??

Yes Mike, I like that, I can't wait to see more from your trip. I didn't do the water rail on my 2 visits to Alan but maybe next time.

Alan knows his stuff, he is an asset to wildlife and a top bloke as well.

Its an unusual setup Dale but well worth it. There is a wide angle shot just crying out to be taken that I would concentrate on if I went back

Nice one Mike - Yes its different and I like.
Are these the hides in Kirkubright??

Yes John. I was wondering what the plan was at first but its good to get something different

Mike

That is a stunning and uncommon image of what I understand is a very elusive & shy bird.

Have you got a link to Alan's website???

Thanks for the linky ....... actually a heads up reminder as I recall bookmarking it a good while back.

Your postings illustrate just how great his "setup" is. I/we have been thinking about another trip north of the border but no decision as to where,........???

Maybe two centres???

Super stuff mike WD

Thanks for the linky ....... actually a heads up reminder as I recall bookmarking it a good while back.

Your postings illustrate just how great his "setup" is. I/we have been thinking about another trip north of the border but no decision as to where,........???

Maybe two centres???

Loads of options in Scotland, are there any particular target species?

Loads of options in Scotland, are there any particular target species?

Well.....

Osprey fishing
Pine Marten
Red Squirrel (winter trip with snow one day???)
Golden Eagle
White Tailed Sea Eagle
Orca
Sea Otters

I fear I am or would be running out of both years and money to do everything I might hope to see 'anywhere' let alone Scotland :LOL:

Back