Water Rail

Terrific set showing off this lovely bird, Roger :clap: - last image gets my vote!
(good to see you're back on Raw!)

Russ

Thanks Russ ... the old 'stick with what you know' routine :D

Great series Gramps, I see these at my local WWT sometimes and they are easily spooked.

Lovely series, there is something about #1 that just draws my eyes to the feet and their size!

Excellent. I know how hard they are to catch.

It looks as if you were very low down; how did you manage that?

I would like to say that I was down on my belly crawling through the scrub like a wildlife tracker, however I was standing in a hide using a 500mm lens on a beanbag in a low window ... the 500mm can give an appearance of being lower than is the case. :)

Nice set Gramps,
Just managed my first sighting of the elusive Water Rail, what a delight to see, light wasn't great so pics were a bit of a disappointment, happy nevertheless
Keep them coming

Nice set Gramps,
Just managed my first sighting of the elusive Water Rail, what a delight to see, light wasn't great so pics were a bit of a disappointment, happy nevertheless
Keep them coming
Well done Trevor, it can be very challenging to keep them in sight :)

Considering it was a murky day you have managed to produce some wonderful photography, a lovely set Roger.

Considering it was a murky day you have managed to produce some wonderful photography, a lovely set Roger.

Thank you Marco, the Water Rail is quite photogenic so always a good option in the murk :)

Well done,Roger. Excellent. Interesting point re the 500mm..ie giving the impression of being lower that you actually are. I posted a reply on my cranes just now and then saw these so obviously you're out and about again.

Cheers Gramps, shutter wasn't set quick enough so shots were just a touch out of focus, I was a little miffed I have to admit.

This is sort of shots I manage of one :( and that my best shot yet haha!

DSC_2778.jpg

This is sort of shots I manage of one :( and that my best shot yet haha!

DSC_2778.jpg

You are amongst many togs getting that sort of view ... still more have seen one scoot across the open in front of them only to disappear from sight in the reeds before they had time to raise the camera! :D

super set roger ,not at all easy to get and you have not only got close ups but a super p.o.v to

Nice set Roger, got one down my way but elusive is not the right description ;)

Back