Water Rail

Surprisingly not, sitting in a hide, it was about 15-20 foot away and I was using a 500 with a 1.4x on giving me 700MM, so a low angle makes it appear as If I am low down, I then cropped it a bit to decentralise it.. Thanks all for the kind comments.

Its a cracking shot Tony, great shooting angle and I really like the raised foot walking pose ant the fact that although he's out in the open there is still a lot of his environment in the frame.

For me there are a couple of tweaks that will make it even better. The shot is underexpose and has a bit of a blue case over it. You had loads of useable ISO left with your camera - I wouldn't even think about breaking a sweat with a 1dx2 until over ISO 1600.

Hope you don't mind, here's my take on it

49154288361_3d8ae45d57_h-RP.jpg

Mike

omg Tony sweet, got one local to me but they are so skittish, think they even frighten themselves :)

Thanks everyone, thanks Mike that makes it sing, I will have another play with it, I deliberately kept the ISO down and the original was dark because of it, i hoped / knew I should be able to lift the exposure in Lightroom. Where I shot it was partially undercover on a well trodden path the squirrels use to get to the feeders through the undergrowth and reeds. I really need to retweak my monitor.

Last edited:
Back