Wild Water vole

Very smart image, Den...I like the way the foliage is framing the Vole. My only nit would be it needs just a touch more at the bottom of the image, as it will help balance the composition.

Well captured and great eye contact. They're quite fearless compared with mice and will carry on doing what they were doing before you appeared, if you wait. I agree with Andy in that it could do with something below the pipe.

Thanks for the comments ,I did have more space but dull light and conditions didn't give me what I wanted below the pipe ,but I see your point...Thanks

On my list of 'other species I must photograph' but yet to cross it off, well framed and unusual being in the pipe as it is :)

Great shot. I have just found a location that has a number of these little beauty's. I will be going pretty often

Yes another great image captured Den one on my list too had hoped to see one on the levels but didn't :(

What a beautiful capture. That should be in the country file calendar :)

What a beautiful capture. That should be in the country file calendar :)
Thanks for the comment, to be honest there are better shots of the water vole around, I didn't get what I was looking for in this shot ,the weather was not on my side and I was using a 400mm 5.6 ,IIRC I was working at iso 1250/1600 at 1/160 sec ...

Back