Waterloo Station

Edit My Images
No
I saw this guy and his bike on the concourse of Waterloo Station, he was standing stock still while the crowds flowed around him. I took several frustrating shots hoping for that moment when the people around were not pushing past or obscuring him, and then just for the briefest second, he was alone and free. Immediately after I hit the shutter, he was gone. Sometimes the force is with you... Also glad to see that 1x.com has just chosen to publish the shot. Double win! https://1x.com/photos

And just now, I received this comment from a National Geographic Photographer Amy Toensing over in NG YourShot. Cool! I think I need a cold shower. I mean beer.
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 18.40.28.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 17.02.09.png

Last edited:

That kind of picture and light, Peter, takes me back
to my university years and fantastic memories.

This rendition is heart warming! Thank you! (y)

Great job Peter. I liked your little intro as to how you captuered this image it made me feel like I was there holding the shutter ! But alas there was no such luck :-(

Fab stuff !

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, as a photographer, I always think a little background info is interesting when viewing other people's shots, so I try to give some back. Glad you like it, it was worth spending those moments eye glued to the viewfinder...

And just now, I received this comment from a National Geographic Photographer Amy Toensing over in NG YourShot. Cool! I think I need a cold shower. I mean beer.

Bravo!

Well spotted, well shot :)

Love this shot and such a great location for photographs too. Thanks for the info behind the shot too. Not enough people (myself included) do that its nice. Also thanks for showing me a new site to stalk with 1x.com. Win all round. And congrats on the NG publication.

Love this shot and such a great location for photographs too. Thanks for the info behind the shot too. Not enough people (myself included) do that its nice. Also thanks for showing me a new site to stalk with 1x.com. Win all round. And congrats on the NG publication.

Thanks Simon! Yeah, I don't know why folks don't share more info on the how's, why's, and whatnots. If you join 1x, say hello and I'll follow you back.

Ohhh you nailed this one!
I love the area of bright floor in the middle making him stand out even more amongst the ghostly figures and their shadows around him.

Credit where credit I'd due! Congrats on publications.

Can I also vote that Kodiak Qc is nominated for most prolific use of the word rendition

I saw this guy and his bike on the concourse of Waterloo Station, he was standing stock still while the crowds flowed around him. I took several frustrating shots hoping for that moment when the people around were not pushing past or obscuring him, and then just for the briefest second, he was alone and free. Immediately after I hit the shutter, he was gone. Sometimes the force is with you... Also glad to see that 1x.com has just chosen to publish the shot. Double win! https://1x.com/photos

View attachment 72116

View attachment 72103

good to have someone who is hitting the bullseye on the forum

cheers
geof

Back