Watermark removers

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Are there any about that actually work.. I am investigating the possibility of people removing mine.. its quite a big nasty ugly one for a reason :) But wondered if it could be removed.....

Tried a couple of online ones.. pathetic :)

Are there any about that actually work.. I am investigating the possibility of people removing mine.. its quite a big nasty ugly one for a reason :) But wondered if it could be removed.....

Tried a couple of online ones.. pathetic :)

I usually apply a Watermark as a separate layer and save as a PSD in Photoshop - very easy to remove the Watermark layer at any point

Do you have an example of this image and Watermark ?? I'd like to see it

Les :)

photoshop's smart fill could possibly be used to remove a watermark. otherwise some time, patience and skill with the clone stamp. have you considered putting a more obscure watermark on your images? people could still remove it if they see it, but if they don't you'll have proof that they ripped off your photo. though i've found that most places stealing my photos didn't even bother to remove the watermark.

I would look at where you place the watermark - regardless of how ugly it is, it would be easy to removed against say, a clear sky of a very blurred section of the image, but much more difficult to remove it from a detailed part of the image, especially over the subject of the image, like someone's face.

Watching with interest

Last edited:
Adding watermark to someone's face is safer for the watermark but I highly doubt the client will be happy to see it. You can give the client another pack of photos with no watermarks across the faces, but where is the quarantee that these photos will not be used by any third party later? To me it seems to work only if we talk about street photography and the faces of strangers doesn't really matter.

I think thers a missunderstanding which as usual is probably my fault :)

I don't want to remove a watermark.. i want to know if technology ? is so good now that others could remove my watermark.. is mine safe.. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a program/app ? people could download that helped them remove it.. Just customers.. people too cheap to buy.... not photoshop experts :)

not looking for best options on how to do watermarks either..thanks anyways :) I batch watermark hundreds of pics at a time for sale on my website..

Last edited:
I looked at this years ago when I was doing events and I seem to recall that using a low enough resolution was the only way to reduce the incentive to steal them. Otherwise it's like leaving a document in someone's office and wondering how to stop them photocopying it. I can't remember the details now though. It was a long tome ago

I looked at this years ago when I was doing events and I seem to recall that using a low enough resolution was the only way to reduce the incentive to steal them. Otherwise it's like leaving a document in someone's office and wondering how to stop them photocopying it. I can't remember the details now though. It was a long tome ago

My watermark stops them stealing them and you can still see the quality :) I was just wondering if there was a program out there that could remove one.. I know google where working on one for some reason.... Just investigating :)

My watermark stops them stealing them and you can still see the quality :) I was just wondering if there was a program out there that could remove one.. I know google where working on one for some reason.... Just investigating :)

Ah! I should read the posts a bit better! Fair enough :)

I am sure that it can be done, and probably will be done more often as AI programs enter that field.
Thought at this stage I am not sure that the average customer either bothers to remove them or even cares. they are just as likely to reproduce them Copyright and all.

iv e seen the watermarks on your pics and it pretty much got the whole image.

ive looked a few times for a basic watermark removal app or program, but not found any.

i can understand what your saying "is there a simple app or program to remove your watermark"

i think anyone with the skill with photoshop wouldn't waste time stealing a £2/3 pic but your asking if a cheap app or automatic program exists that any tom, dick or harry can obtain?

i think anyone with the skill with photoshop wouldn't waste time stealing a £2/3 pic but your asking if a cheap app or automatic program exists that any tom, dick or harry can obtain?

thats what I am thinking.. Juts making sure there isnt an app to just remove...I am pretty sure there will be one day... well there will.. so long as not yet then :)

Back