Critique Waves Crashing in!

Really nice image Neil, just the right amount of movement in the water, good composition, and a nice full range of B&W tones.(y)

George.

Nice movement, a scene of caution. Very nice.
Thanks Neil
Looks good to me, nice conversion :)
Thanks Gramps!
Looks great, especially in the B&W.
Cheers Stu
Good shot Neil, looks even better on Flickr (y)
Thanks Baz, it certainly looks better the bigger you see it!
Very moody and agree with Baz looks better on flickr :D
(y)
Cheers Bryn
Really nice image Neil, just the right amount of movement in the water, good composition, and a nice full range of B&W tones.(y)
George.
Many Thanks George

It's a stunner on flickr, the black background sets it off. I like the combination of the wind on the waves blurring the movement but not too much. I think you got the shutter speed spot on.

A longer lens would compress the image which might, or might not, improve this shot but at least you're further from the water and salt.

I agree...a nicely dramatic image.

Very nice timing & exposure.

The super bit is to the right of the picture with the spray on & around the rocks. The left side is a bit dull by comparison. I wonder if a composition to take in more of the rocks would have worked better?

Sorry for the delay in replying to these, for some reason I missed the notifications... either that or i was too wrapped up in my Macro photography!

It's a stunner on flickr, the black background sets it off. I like the combination of the wind on the waves blurring the movement but not too much. I think you got the shutter speed spot on.
A longer lens would compress the image which might, or might not, improve this shot but at least you're further from the water and salt.
Many thanks Derek, I've got a couple old longer lenses to try now as I want to take more shots of the sea when it's like this!

I agree...a nicely dramatic image.
Thanks Ruth, your comments are always appreciated.

Very nice timing & exposure.
The super bit is to the right of the picture with the spray on & around the rocks. The left side is a bit dull by comparison. I wonder if a composition to take in more of the rocks would have worked better?
Thanks Andy, I personally like the wave lines leading to the rocks from the left hand side.

Great shot showing the power of the sea.
Thanks Steve

I think all has been said above so I'll just add my congrats on a cracking image.
Cheers Andy, much appreciated!

Very dramatic action shot there Neil! Love the way you have captured the movement in the sea. That wave in the middle foreground is a cracker... Really gives a great impression of the force of nature! Like all the swirling eddies and foam in the foreground and all the spray whipped up all around. The dark clouds really help the stormy atmosphere, Nice conversion I think that did the scene justice! Bet you got bloody wet!! Hope you've dried out(y)

Very dramatic action shot there Neil! Love the way you have captured the movement in the sea. That wave in the middle foreground is a cracker... Really gives a great impression of the force of nature! Like all the swirling eddies and foam in the foreground and all the spray whipped up all around. The dark clouds really help the stormy atmosphere, Nice conversion I think that did the scene justice! Bet you got bloody wet!! Hope you've dried out(y)

Thanks Steve, really appreciate your comment. I've missed taking seascapes the last month though so must get soaked again soon!

You need a longer lens or some oil skins:D
Good Stuff Neil(y)

Very nice shot Neil the shutter speed works very well just enough blur.

My camera has needed to be dried once or twice.

Back