Waxing Gibbous Moon

Wow, that is a great shot. I'm a beginner, and just bought myself a 150-500 for birding, but may have a go at this sometime.

Wow, that is a great shot. I'm a beginner, and just bought myself a 150-500 for birding, but may have a go at this sometime.
- many thanks Dale :)
- I used my birding lens for this, but the shot was taken too close to the full moon to get decent shadows in the craters. My main attempt was to see if I could get reasonable image quality by hand-holding the heavy lens without a tripod. If you want to experiment with your 150-500 lens, try taking shots from about 26th May when the moon will be a nice waxing crescent in the late evening!

Russ

- many thanks Dale :)
- I used my birding lens for this, but the shot was taken too close to the full moon to get decent shadows in the craters. My main attempt was to see if I could get reasonable image quality by hand-holding the heavy lens without a tripod. If you want to experiment with your 150-500 lens, try taking shots from about 26th May when the moon will be a nice waxing crescent in the late evening!

Russ
Nice, thanks for the info.

Back