Waxing gibbous

That is stunning, wonderful clarity & well worth all the hard work - not easy, but a total cracker

That is stunning, wonderful clarity & well worth all the hard work - not easy, but a total cracker

Thanks John, I was quite surprised how well all three converters worked together because I've had indifferent results when I've tried them together in the past.
Mostly I use two stacked converters for this sort image.

Wow! Absolutely wonderful (y)

Out of this world!! In fact all the Moon images in your Flickr are outstanding!!!
GG (y)

Lovely. I can't help thinking that you might get better image quality if you weren't stacking the teleconverters, but then I look at the image and I don't see how you could improve on it. Maybe the Registax process helps. It's a lovely image regardless.

Lovely. I can't help thinking that you might get better image quality if you weren't stacking the teleconverters, but then I look at the image and I don't see how you could improve on it. Maybe the Registax process helps. It's a lovely image regardless.

Thanks Stewart, I tend to experiment with different combinations.
The most I have generally used in combination are two and that normally gives me pretty reasonable results. I've tried three before and been underwhelmed but this time I was quite surprised with the result.
You're also right with regard to Registax it definitely works very well when stacking multiple frames, particularly if you experiment with wavelets and are careful with sharpening.

Last edited:
Back