Waxwings

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
In response to a number of people suggesting that I don't zoom-in too far with my crops, I'm offering a capture from this morning which is about 75% of the full frame!

The birds were fairly high and there was no easy way to avoid the upwards shot (which I don't really like), so I literally climbed out of the sunroof of my 4x4 and stood on the roof to get this.

14956415_1324459270907145_144579687250814516_n.jpg

Above hosted on Facebook, below uploaded to TP to see if there's any difference:

16904-1478467135-e55e4803adab6bd43603d15d37c0ceba.jpg

Oh WOW! There really is a difference!! :eek:

Upload is much better on my screen, nice to see the two together ... is that a dent in the roof? ;)

There always has been a difference, well in my own dooferings that is

Where in the country are you? If you are in this country...

Where in the country are you? If you are in this country...
Depends upon which 'country' you are referring to, but these were taken in Montrose (Aberdeen/Angus) this morning! ;)

The facebook-hosted ones look bloody awful
I noticed the artifects about the top birds head and some of the berries, and that's why I decided to upload the exact same image to here. I'm really glad I did now. The full size original is packed with detail, but of course this resize is down to 1024x683 (as with everything I post here).

Nice colours, even though you may have pushed the saturation slider a little too far? ;)
Thinking you may well be right here Wez. Will go back and re-examine my settings. I tend to do the edits on a laptop at home, rather than on my main office PC, which is probably a mistake in retrospect. :oops: :$

Do they come as far south as Herefordshire and if so what sort of areas would that be?

An excellent image, John...and good to see one of your images that is more than just the bird ;)

TP upload is much better ( I do that for every image ) as hosting from another site kills the quality when viewed on TP.

I agree with Wez re the colour, but only re the sky and the berries, as the Waxwings look OK colour wise.

Cracking picture John, did you get any Bearded Tits the other day at Strathbeg? My wife said she met you there.

did you get any Bearded Tits the other day at Strathbeg? My wife said she met you there.
Yes, I met your good lady there and that was probably the high point in the hide on Thursday. Nothing exciting as far as birds was concerned, but I did glimpse and otter in front of the hide, which was a first for me on the east coast.(y)

Only spotted the otter once at Strathbeg myself, but he was nice enough to go to the middle of the clearing and then look back at me.

Back