Waxwings

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
After a few days photographing the waxwings that have turned up at Hednesford, Staffs in gloom I was about to give up, especially as the BBC weather seemed to be getting it so wrong saying sunny and it certainly was anything but?

But on Tuesday a nice frosty and cloud free day meant a hours drive was worth a risk! A lot of standing about for at one stage a 2 hour gap was finally rewarded with then perching in a rowan tree for a good 10 minutes

All taken @ 840mm (600mm + 1.4TC & D850)

1 of 10 Waxwing today @ Hednesford, Staffordshire by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Waxwing @ Hednesford, Staffs by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Waxwing on a wire by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Lovely set I was there on Sunday suppose to be sunny .cloudy all the time I was there but I did see them six knocking about don't know if there still there

Certainly looks like it was worth the effort ~ lovely to see especially the WiF with its topknot/crest folded down for better aerodynamic flight :)

Lovely set I was there on Sunday suppose to be sunny .cloudy all the time I was there but I did see them six knocking about don't know if there still there

Cheers there were 10 in total on Tuesday/Wednesday and they moved to a main road with 3 Rowant trees spread out, so it was hit and miss which one they were going to land in? You could guarantee whichever I stood near they would land in one of the others lol

I always get a slight pang of envy when I see your work Mick and these are no exception, all 3 are just lovely and the inflight is excellently captured. Top drawer stuff.

Lovely set of photos, I love all three. I’m envious, I live quite close to Hednesford and hadn’t heard they were about.

Three "Excellent" shots, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Stunning bif shot,always a pleasure to see these birds even if it is dull weather although sun makes it superb when capturing them.

Back