Waxwings

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Just over a year since they were last in the Staffordshire area, so when I heard 4 were seen locally I went to go have a look even though the weather was dire !

I went back the following morning with a bit better light, but as is the way with nature one sighting then they decided to relocate somewhere else, so that was the end of that until they turn up somewhere else :)

Not the shots I would have liked but always nice to see them !

Day one shot

Waxwings Back In Stoke On Trent by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

couple from the brief visit the day after

Waxwing @ Stoke On Trent by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Waxwing @ Stoke On Trent by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Last edited:
well caught ,these the stoke on Trent ones

Great shots, saw them on Sunday in the poring rain :( so couldn't even get record shots.

They have moved to Basford last seen in Shelton New Road not far from the Grey Hound pub.

Tim.

Great shots, saw them on Sunday in the poring rain :( so couldn't even get record shots.

They have moved to Basford last seen in Shelton New Road not far from the Grey Hound pub.

Tim.

Cheers Tim they seem to have gone missing in action now as no reports since Monday PM

Nice Mick!

I've never seen one, must put that right. ;)

Lovely Mick Mate there was talk early in the year of possibilities being good for another influx this year,has that not happened??
cheers they are such wonderful little things me pref is image 2 it's that slight down look to you plus light......... lovely !!
stu

Back