WEC Silverstone Aug 2018

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Some more WEC Silverstone images... Really enjoyable day on Sunday, 6 hours certainly gives you time to get to plenty of areas and try out a few ideas.
Tried something a bit different for some of these so any feedback appreciated.

#1 Davide Rigon all smiles in the paddock before the start of the race
236A1588 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#2 The crowd watch on as chaos unfolds in Turn 1
236A1665 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#3 SMP Racing LMP1
236A1789 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#4 Personal favourites of mine, LMGTE Pro madness
236A2038 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#5 Caption time for this one, a disconsolate Mikhail Aleshin after the #11 SMP Racing car retired from the race
236A2729 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

Time for some marmite images...

#6 BMW Team MTEK M8 GTE
236A2900 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#7 Racing Team Nederlands LMP2 passes a Ferrari 488 GTE
236A3628 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#8 Aston Martin Vantage AMR
236A3852 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

Some more conventional images on my Flickr for anyone who may be interested!

Really like 1, 6 and 7.

Would really like 8 if you could see all (or more) of the wheels.

I like 3, 6 and 7, in focus car through blurred surroundings is cool, and 7 as per someone else who's posted a similar shot, yellow car against yellow background really works for me.

I like the idea behind 8, just a shame you aren’t able to see a little more of the car.
I do really like 7.

A nice varied set, especially well done at Silverstone. Like a few of the off track shots on your feed as well.

3 and 4 stand out for me as they’re a bit different to the usual Silverstone shots.

1, 4 5 and 7 are all excellent. Love the composition in 5 with the two spectators chatting in the background.

Interesting use of tilt in #1 (y)

and #7 is a cracker (y)

Really like 1, 6 and 7.
Would really like 8 if you could see all (or more) of the wheels.
I like the idea behind 8, just a shame you aren’t able to see a little more of the car.
I do really like 7.

Thank you, i know what you both mean about 8, i just liked the car in amongst the different lines of the armco barrier, advertising, grass, fence etc

I like 3, 6 and 7, in focus car through blurred surroundings is cool, and 7 as per someone else who's posted a similar shot, yellow car against yellow background really works for me.
Thanks Mark, glad you like the 'marmite shots' something i have been consciously making an effort to improve

A nice varied set, especially well done at Silverstone. Like a few of the off track shots on your feed as well.

3 and 4 stand out for me as they’re a bit different to the usual Silverstone shots.
Thank you, as mentioned a 6hr race gives you plenty of chance to try out some different ideas!

1, 4 5 and 7 are all excellent. Love the composition in 5 with the two spectators chatting in the background.

Interesting use of tilt in #1 (y)

and #7 is a cracker (y)
1+7 for me Ben

Cheers all, glad you like 7, it was a shot that looked good on the back of the camera but with a bit of tweaking in post seemed to get better... makes the funny looks i was getting panning from a mile back on the grass bank between Stowe & Vale worth it (y)

Last edited:
Back