WEC Silverstone

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the first outing for my 70D after an expensive repair bill from those nice people at Canon Elstree. Here are just a couple of shots for now and i will post more but i have still around 1700 to go through.

1 Aston Martin

IMG_0474adj by Doug, on Flickr

2 Aston Martin being passed by the SMP Racing LMP1 car

IMG_0421adj by Doug, on Flickr

3 And the winners are, or is it...

IMG_2537adj by Doug, on Flickr

4 Mr Alonso

IMG_2528adj by Doug, on Flickr

Hope you like them, more to come.

Doug

#1 looks a bit odd, the white panelling beneath the fence kinda chops the picture in 2 when displayed on a white background, maybe crop that out?

#4 the forehead of the person behind Fernando protruding in front of him, coupled with either their hair sticking out the back, or that of a 3rd, invisible, person, looks a bit odd too. Not sure how that could be fixed?

#3 is lovely sharp and colourful and captures the moment. :D

1) My favourite of the bunch. But if you want to polish it, I'd crop it so the car is exactly in the centre (it bothers me that it's slightly out). The fencing is quite ugly, maybe use a gradient filter in post-processing just to underexpose it very gently. Be a bit more daring next time and pan it at a slower shutter. 1/80 would be fine.
2) Not so keen on this one. It doesn't really show that the SMP car is passing the other one. I don't like that its half hidden. Just not an attractive composition IMHO.
3) Nice. Shows emotion, tells a story. Would like to have seen a lower angle, but I'm guessing you didn't have much choice in that.
4) Too much like a snapshot. The other person's hair is the main feature and drags your eye away from anything else.

Haven't done a C+C on anything for ages. So I hope its OK :)

#1 looks a bit odd, the white panelling beneath the fence kinda chops the picture in 2 when displayed on a white background, maybe crop that out?

#4 the forehead of the person behind Fernando protruding in front of him, coupled with either their hair sticking out the back, or that of a 3rd, invisible, person, looks a bit odd too. Not sure how that could be fixed?

#3 is lovely sharp and colourful and captures the moment. :D

Thanks Mark, I will see what i can do to improve #1 and re post

1) My favourite of the bunch. But if you want to polish it, I'd crop it so the car is exactly in the centre (it bothers me that it's slightly out). The fencing is quite ugly, maybe use a gradient filter in post-processing just to underexpose it very gently. Be a bit more daring next time and pan it at a slower shutter. 1/80 would be fine.
2) Not so keen on this one. It doesn't really show that the SMP car is passing the other one. I don't like that its half hidden. Just not an attractive composition IMHO.
3) Nice. Shows emotion, tells a story. Would like to have seen a lower angle, but I'm guessing you didn't have much choice in that.
4) Too much like a snapshot. The other person's hair is the main feature and drags your eye away from anything else.

Haven't done a C+C on anything for ages. So I hope its OK :)

Gary, any C&C is more than welcome and just what I need to improve. I will have a play with #1 to see what I can do with it. I still have loads to go through and I did take some at 1/40 or 1/60 & I think i have some keepers.

With the Alonso pictures. I had switched my camera off and we were walking back to the car when we spotted the drivers. I quickly turned it back on and snatched a few shots in the gaps between spectators bodies ! Guess I was a bit lucky, right time etc.

Watch this space, more to follow.

Thanks for taking the time to C&C

Doug

Last edited:
Love the second version of #1 you've posted, the colours on the car are excellent. As others have said t#4 is a bit of a snapshot but that can't be helped sometimes. #3 is a great image

Love the second version of #1 you've posted, the colours on the car are excellent. As others have said t#4 is a bit of a snapshot but that can't be helped sometimes. #3 is a great image

Thanks Richard. I was pleased with #4 just lucky to get a gap in the crowd at the right time. I might get the second version of the Aston blown up and stick it on the wall.

Back