Wedding. Archery. Pony. Vintage. Beautiful.

rdh

Edit My Images
No
I'm still blown away by the day.

Chaucer Barn - Katie & David

Teaser:

2419.jpg

Last edited:
He looks like he is gonna eat her ...is it one of those Twilight themed weddings?

Not my favourite from you Ross but the story board offers up some beautiful images.

May I ask how do you construct your story boards?

Absolutely lovely set of pics.

He looks like he is gonna eat her ...is it one of those Twilight themed weddings?

Not my favourite from you Ross but the story board offers up some beautiful images.

May I ask how do you construct your story boards?

Storyboard plugin for photoshop. Awesome.

I hate you. (how good you are :p)

What TS Lens do you use btw?

Thanks, I think :D

45mm.

Absolutely lovely set of pics.

Cheers!

Stunning set, although far too many wooden and paper ponies rather than the real thing!!!

This shot:

http://www.rossharveyweddings.com/images/2461.jpg

WA focused through the TSE or free lensing? It's one of the best photos I've seen for ages.

Thanks man! The 45mm is the tilt you see in the pic, taken with an 85mm, no freelensing required :¬)

excellent stuff ross - out of curiosity, what would you say is your most used lens when you do a wedding? Do you use lightroom to edit (if so i was wondering if you'd share the 'stats' on lens usage for a typical wedding) :)

Thanks Ross, that storyboard software looks fantastic, speed is the key.

Wow, double wow & sweet bejesus that's damn good and refreshingly different :clap:

There's a couple of odd bits that don't do it for me but that's really splitting hairs.

excellent stuff ross - out of curiosity, what would you say is your most used lens when you do a wedding? Do you use lightroom to edit (if so i was wondering if you'd share the 'stats' on lens usage for a typical wedding) :)

Cheers! 35mm, a real workhorse lens. Very versatile.

Thanks Ross, that storyboard software looks fantastic, speed is the key.

Awesome piece of software! You're welcome.

Do you leave the TS permenantly on one of your D3 and use a prime on another?

Two bodies (D3s) used together. I whack the lenses on that match the situation. Only ever use primes :¬)

Wow, double wow & sweet bejesus that's damn good and refreshingly different :clap:

There's a couple of odd bits that don't do it for me but that's really splitting hairs.

Last edited:
aye, impressive :)

Rubbish!

:p;)

You do have some lovely images in the link, however, to go against the grain you've got a few where it makes me think "what..."

Random photos of the sky
a few with feet missing
the one of the singer and everyone's heads but it looks like they got in the way of a photo of the sky.
Half the wedding dress and the rest is if the ceiling.

Like I said, some amazing images, colours and all very well taken, just the odd one that I would question.

You do have some lovely images in the link, however, to go against the grain you've got a few where it makes me think "what..."

Random photos of the sky
a few with feet missing
the one of the singer and everyone's heads but it looks like they got in the way of a photo of the sky.

Like I said, some amazing images, colours and all very well taken, just the odd one that I would question.

It's very much an in style at the minute as is the tilt shift.

I really like both as they give a more informal soft appearence when compared to a more traditional style. I also love what I call the filer shots like the ones with mainly sky and things they really help tell the story of the day and look great as part of the set.

OP It's a gorgeous set that you've captured, can't believe the weather lucky so and so's

Random photos of the sky
a few with feet missing

The point is rather than looking at photos and merely judge them alone, they are a part of the storytelling process.

Amazing story board, the venue looks a really nice place to work with too (you certainly had the weather gods on your side!). I'm sure the couple will be over the moon with the photos, and with good reason.

The point is rather than looking at photos and merely judge them alone, they are a part of the storytelling process.

Exactly. I've developed a similar style myself for wedding photography and its been popular with clients. The sky is an important part of the story as are all the other details. The idea that wedding photography should be very posed is an unfortunate artifact left over from days where technology was limited, and thankfully that style is diminishing.

Take a look a Fer Juaristi if you find the OP work too obscure!!! it'll blow your mind...

Last edited:
Excellent photos I would be very proud of these! You wedding photos remind me of jonas Peterson which blow me away.

Well done

Absolutely fantastic work Ross. Loved the angles, light and processing. The storyboard is very nice too.

all i can say is WOW You should be very proud fantastic set of pictures
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Mark! Lot's helped the day, everything about it was perfect! A dream wedding to shoot :¬)

LOL! You got me then, I thought "That's harsh!" :D

Perfect! I applaud you.

Thank you :¬)

Great work. An English Jonas Peterson:)

Flattered!

Random photos of the sky
a few with feet missing

Thank's HN! It's the way I like to tell stories and overviews - a personal thing :¬)

It's very much an in style at the minute as is the tilt shift.

I really like both as they give a more informal soft appearence when compared to a more traditional style. I also love what I call the filer shots like the ones with mainly sky and things they really help tell the story of the day and look great as part of the set.

OP It's a gorgeous set that you've captured, can't believe the weather lucky so and so's

I sent a request to the weather fairies - thankfully they obliged! Thanks :¬)

What he said :D

Amazing story board, the venue looks a really nice place to work with too (you certainly had the weather gods on your side!). I'm sure the couple will be over the moon with the photos, and with good reason.

Thank you, I can't verbalise how wonderful the day was (to be there). Magical!

Inspirational. Probably the only word I can come up with. (y)

Thank you :¬)

Exactly. I've developed a similar style myself for wedding photography and its been popular with clients. The sky is an important part of the story as are all the other details. The idea that wedding photography should be very posed is an unfortunate artifact left over from days where technology was limited, and thankfully that style is diminishing.

Take a look a Fer Juaristi if you find the OP work too obscure!!! it'll blow your mind...

My sentiments exactly! Fer is awesome, too.

Really nice work. Very individual, credit to you.

Cheers!

Excellent photos I would be very proud of these! You wedding photos remind me of jonas Peterson which blow me away.

Well done

Again, flattered! Love the guy's work.

Absolutely fantastic work Ross. Loved the angles, light and processing. The storyboard is very nice too.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks for the wonderful comments and feedback - really appreciate it!

Random photos of the sky
a few with feet missing

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Sorry but if they were my wedding pics, I would not be happy. Appreciate everyone has their own style etc etc.., but for me, no no

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Sorry but if they were my wedding pics, I would not be happy. Appreciate everyone has their own style etc etc.., but for me, no no

Horses for courses.

This style is very in at the moment and Ross is pulling it off with aplomb!

Although I do question the photo of the couple where everything is out of focus...

nothing like a bit of "modesty"... "I am awesome...."

(y)

Seriously good luck with it, and i understand it is a popular style at the moment...

absolutely fantastic set.

it is though, without question a marmite style, i really love it- it's a fresh approach to a wedding and for me it's much more dynamic and captures the moments of the day with more sincerity than staged group shots you might see in traditional wedding photography.

i think why as a style it resonates is because capturing random bits of sky or the venue is sort of how the our memories recall big events and sometimes you remember unexpected things like that.

(y)

Seriously good luck with it, and i understand it is a popular style at the moment...

The awesome bit is that people are attracted by the style, can't see where Ross said " I am awesome" :shrug:

;):p

(y)

Thanks, and regarding the modesty bit:

The awesome bit is that people are attracted by the style, can't see where Ross said " I am awesome" :shrug:

;):p

Spot on :¬)

absolutely fantastic set.

it is though, without question a marmite style, i really love it- it's a fresh approach to a wedding and for me it's much more dynamic and captures the moments of the day with more sincerity than staged group shots you might see in traditional wedding photography.

i think why as a style it resonates is because capturing random bits of sky or the venue is sort of how the our memories recall big events and sometimes you remember unexpected things like that.

Exactly! We memorise all sorts of details, probably more so than the faces of people :¬)

what a simply beautiful wedding...i can see why you enjoyed yourself! There's a huge amount of shots that i absolutely adore in there, having said that the TS shots just arent for me (although what do i matter its the BG that matter) it makes me rub the sleep out my eyes. Thats not to say they arent cracking shots.
I cant wait to shoot a wedding like this!!

Back