Gary.D

Hoodie
Name
Gary Derbridge
Edit My Images
Yes
Would love C&C on this image from a technical view.

I know already the client loves it, and it's one of their favourite images. How about your views from a technical side?

Many thanks for your time in advance...

Stockbrook-Manor-Wedding-Photographer011.jpg

The background is lovely, my rule of thumb though is to light the bride.

On a personal note, just MHO but I dislike snogging pictures, again, the rule of thumb being a near snog is much more attractive / romantic.

I think it's very nice.
But I would have moved the light more to the front (or added a second). It's throwing some pretty strong shadows in places I'd rather it didn't (faces). A little lower camera angle would have put their heads above the trees...

I think it's very nice.
But I would have moved the light more to the front (or added a second). It's throwing some pretty strong shadows in places I'd rather it didn't (faces). A little lower camera angle would have put their heads above the trees...

My biggest regret is the shadows on their face, so I do completely agree. Also, the lower angle is a great idea too! Thanks Steven

The two tips of @Phil V plus

You should have done that the Sun is not blown out
or did you not have enough flash to over power it?

My biggest regret is the shadows on their face, so I do completely agree. Also, the lower angle is a great idea too! Thanks Steven
It's a lot easier to spot "issues" after the fact. It's a little harder to know how to correct them. But it's the ability to see/fix them at the time that separates the greats from the rest of us... I'm not one of them...

I really like that I often take pics like that of the wife with her at one end of a long frame.
I think I picked it up as a known technique.

Back