Wedding photo

Looks like the young fella's got off to a very promising start.
This image is about timing, atmosphere and emotion.
He nailed it in bucketfuls!
I see why it means so much.

Looks like the young fella's got off to a very promising start.
This image is about timing, atmosphere and emotion.
He nailed it in bucketfuls!
I see why it means so much.
He was only a teenager at the time and not into photography at all,

First off I should say I'm looking at this on a mobile, so maybe there's something there I don't see.... But this looks like a cross between a painting and a soft, out of focus photo.

Maybe viewed full size there's something artistic I'm missing but like I said, on my phone I'm really not seeing anything.

Sorry if that sounds critical. I've got some terrible shots from my own wedding I absolutely love (selective colour!) And couldn't care less what anyone thinks! So take that with a pinch of salt.

That's a cracking shot, time to up his pocket money for a camera ;)

Edit: assuming he's not like 28 or something haha

This is a beautiful image in its own right and to the couple is probably their favourite photo of their wedding day..

Moreover it also perfectly illustrates something which we portrait photographers ignore at our peril. We naturally tend to look at out images dispassionately because, apart from an interest in the technical aspects, we have no connection with the subject(s). However the people in them, their relatives and friends obviously have a very strong emotional connection and to them any photograph which conveys emotion to the viewer, no matter how technically imperfect to the photographer, is a lovely photograph.

Back