Wedding Photography - Our new venture - Our first One

Had a look at both the photo's posted here and on the blog - have to say I would be very pleased if that was my wedding! I have aspirations for taking on weddings in the future but never had the courage to say yes when I've been asked in the past!
I bet you were glad to finally bite the bullet and despite all the nerves etc you seem to have done a fantastic job!! Looking forward to seeing how you progress, well done!

Aspire...... you already their dude I've been following your posts and your work for a while , you have some great stuff on your blog... :)

Thanks man. Means a lot. :)

It's that "almost misty haze" that gets to me. That seems to be a key element in the "look" which is currently fashionable for wedding photography in particular, and AFAIC it's nearly always grossly overdone. I reckon if you shoot the same subject in the same light on colour neg and on digital, then you print the film shot traditionally and the digital shot on something like a Fuji Frontier, then compare them side by side, the difference in clarity (for want of a better term) will simply be one of definition/apparent sharpness. The trad print shouldn't look at all "misty" by comparison.

Zack Arias had an interesting comment on 'that VSCO sh*t': 'If my [film] prints had come back from the lab looking like that I'd send them back'

I like the film-style toning that I often see but the absence of blacks is often just weird. I wonder what it looks like when printed?

Back