weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

I like the movement in your daughters hair and as others have said the background really makes the shot, it almost has the feel of a long exposure but with the frozen moment with your kids.

I really like the composition of this one Donna, an excellent idea for the theme.
Thanks Susie

Great take and on theme Donna, even though they are posing for you, I like the look on their faces :)
Thanks Dave - this is what happened when I asked them to pose and hold hands (for balancing on a stump), so this was the 'pre pose' - which I thought I would capture anyway (and I prefer this shot to the posed one)

Fantastic shots Donna, It's difficult to pick a favourite, however I think Atrractive just about edges it. Great colours, composition.
The edit of the first Dark image works really well as does the shallow DOF on the chocolates. The first 2 Dark images were a little too dark for my taste.
Power - love the feel and processing on this, well done on the use of negative space, Its screaming to be used for a marketing campaign (maybe domestic violence ;) (y)
It has been really helpful hearing the different opinions on the dark shots and edit - I prefer the edited shot, but really appreciate the comments and seeing from other perspectives
Power - this really made me laugh too, thanks.

Power, the background really makes the composition work well. Nice job.
Thanks Chris - it was a nice sky, so made the most of this :)

Hi Donna
Dark - I actually like your first image, I love low-key stuff like that, love it set to the side too, my type of image (y)
Power - Cool, love the negative space in this one and the action caught, the ladies hair looks real good, nice one again :)
Thanks very much for your comments - it is the hair that I also thought made the shot as shows the movement (and it was really funny seeing the kids reactions - really tells a story and definitely a 'power' shot to me)

Dark, I prefer the first on of you son, just dark enough, the re-edit I think you have put too much space above his head so his eyes are in the middle of the image.
Power, great family shot, is this a crop or do you have a wider version?
(y)
Thanks, it is great hearing the different views on the dark shots, really appreciated. Power - no this is pretty much the full version, I knew I wanted the negative space and wanted the focus to be more on the faces than what they were standing on etc

Great PoV for power, negative space, crop and B&W work very well! And they don't look as if they were posing :)
Thanks, I seem to really like b&w at the moment, so probably more to come over the weeks

I really like the dark shot of your son - the lighting gives his eyes an intense feel which feels a bit sinister in this shot (I'm sure he isn't!!) and makes a very arresting image. I think the composition in the power shot is just fantastic - I would never have thought of placing them there, and it works so well to somehow give it extra movement. Playfighting...gotta love it!

Week 13 - Above
I normally take a picture especially for the theme, but as I only took this photo yesterday, thought it was ok to use for the theme this week.
Under the overpass
Social Media-3808.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great photo, great PoV, leading lines and nice details in the foreground. B&W conversion works a treat.

Dark - I like the first one of your son best for the theme as a hoodie hiding in the shadows it works well.
Power - good bit of action it doesn't look posed, I like the sense of movement from her hair
Above - good POV I like the different textures and the black and white suits it.

Week 14 - Evolve(d)
Really nothing great this week, but didn't want to get behind, so took advantage of the Easter egg.
Social Media-4742.jpg

Last edited:
#2 for me as well Donna. Was this after the water games? Looks like he's saying sorry.

Thanks, sod's law as my other 'alf preferred the portrait (but of course I thought I knew better). I would like to think she is saying sorry but she thought after all that hard work that she deserved some of my cream tea!

I have to go for #1, with your dog chasing the ducks. My only criticism would be that it's a bit tightly cropped on the left. But I guess you had only one attempt...

Smoke - even though it's steam it still looks smoky to me. I like the shallow DOF and the focus on the writing on the cup.

Vivid - That's certainly a bright table! Like the set up except I think I would prefer the cake in the middle of the plate. Hope you enjoyed them after the shoot :)

That's a really nice set up for vivid Donna. The background and placement of the edibles looks great - I wonder if you could have reduced the hard shadow under the top plate a little, but I know that lighting these things is a nightmare. I wish I hadn't just started trying to eat more healthily after the Easter pigout :(

naughty dog chasing the birds, got that charming innocent look too. Both good images.

Smokey steam! yes OK.

Vivid ... yeah. Shocking pink, my father calls it.

Vivid, indeed.

I'd have been tempted to just use the cup and small chocolate because of the light fall off at the bottom.

Cheers and I'm hungry now :)

Back