weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

Brilliant image, love the use of focus. This made ,me proper chuckle.

A very good shot. Colour, background, shadows, DoF all spot on. A good start :)

Good one Donna. Excellent use of DoF and novel interpretation.

Such a cool image (y) DoF is spot on.
It kinda reminds me of I-Robot (when Sony is hiding) :)

:agree: yes has anyone else done an "out of order"? Whatever, good thinking.

:agree: very good DoF and a nice white background with enough shadow to ground the subjects

Thanks everyone, great encouragement :). I was only going to do the choc robots in a row, but it was the other 'alf who suggested the one peeking out (whom I trust will happily take the credit...). Had great fun shaving off the base to angle him (and ate him afterwards!)

Brought up the whites in Lightroom to knock out the white brick wall behind.

Have now even used it on my works twitter page - there's always an opportunity

Good effort, and original, I like it.
It is a tad nosiy, and I think I would have tried for a bit more focus ont he front figure.

I like that Donna.
The way you've used the DoF, focusing on the last robot, rather than mid way through the composition works really well.
To me it gives the image movement, almost as if he's walking through the frame stopping for a brief period each step.

Blimey Donna, that was quick off the mark. Just when I thought I had caught up with my comments too...

Sharp, great/strong reflections, on theme (and someone had to be the first to post that).
The crop at the top, into the bottle is maybe a little tight? I may have included some of the neck (but maybe you tried that and preferred this version.
I hope you've enjoyed disposing of the props appropriately afterwards.

Blimey Donna, that was quick off the mark. Just when I thought I had caught up with my comments too...

Sharp, great/strong reflections, on theme (and someone had to be the first to post that).
The crop at the top, into the bottle is maybe a little tight? I may have included some of the neck (but maybe you tried that and preferred this version.
I hope you've enjoyed disposing of the props appropriately afterwards.
Ha ha, thought it would be a popular one, so no time like the present, and I wouldn't say no to a little comfort (yes, I enjoyed the props!)
I see what you mean about the neck, and it would've been nice as the neck is lovely cut glass, but the black finished at that point. I might try again and see if I can include it - thanks for the feedback.

Blimey you didnt hang about for this one, it works for the theme. I find the scratches on the black background very distracting and I think I would like to see better placement of the bottle and a different POV.

Well done Donna on getting that one out so quickly. The bit I like best is the golden light reflected in the tumbler.

Hi, been a while since I drank SC :)

Nice reflection and detail.

I think a more creative composition is in there somewhere. Maybe a different angle, but you might not be able to as this might include unwanted background items. Pity there's a little of the bright background in the reflection.

Cheers and enjoy the rest :)

Great idea for order, other than little noisy, great start.

I've always found it tricky to shoot a bottle with a glass, hope you enjoyed the drink afterwards.

(y)

Fine image but not too sure the mirrored surface works on this occasion. o_O

And what happened to the famous old Southern Comfort label?

I actually like the mirrored surface and also the reflection within the glass.

Possibly unavoidable but the only part I'm not so sure about is the line of light coming of the reflection of the bottle on the lhs

Order - cheeky idea :)
Comfort - double meaning, nice colours. For me I would have had a little bit more of the bottle in the frame, enjoying the reflection.

Unusual choice to keep the last chocolate robot sharp, but it works very well.
Comfort is a great idea, and I like the reflections, but I'm not so sure about the composition.

Dirty Hairy
I had this idea but thought of it after the weekend. Unfortunately I leave in the dark and get home in the dark, so wasn't sure how I was going to get this. Got home to find my dog like this, so had to do a grab shot! Mission accomplished (although I fully appreciate the photo could be better)
Social Media-2745.jpg

Well done on the grab shot Donna - spot on theme. Detail in the face is nice and sharp. WB perhaps needs to be adjusted to correct the yellow tint but the composition and interpretation are excellent.

Back